Question 2

Tags : None

As I mentioned earlier I'm going to post one of the 30 day trans challenge questionair.

2) How did you choose your name? What names were you thinking about using and why?

I had an old friend with the first name that i chose and the middle name was someone I admired as a kid. The two names sounded good together and I don't know very many ppl with the name so thats y I chose my first and middle name and I just left my last name the same. I really only considered those two names.

Alright theres my responce what about every one else.

May 21, 2013 11:29 PM BST
  • I have both a legal name and a pseudo-name.  I use my pseudo-name on this site.

My legal first name differs from my old male name by a single letter, an 'a' on the end.  My legal middle name differs by a few letters, but the initial is still the same.  My male name was the same as my deceased father's, and I didn't want to lose that connection.  My choice of names also made it easier when I changed my name on documents, credit cards, transcripts, reports, etc.  In most cases, I had previously used only my first name, middle initial, and last name.  When I talked to people about changing my name on items, many said "Oh, someone made a mistake and left the 'a' off your first name, let me fix that."  Because of this, I was able to get a lot of the name change stuff done by phone.

Another area this helped was signature and initials.  The initials remain the same, so I don't worry about using the wrong initials when initialing something.  And when I sign my name, all I have to do is remember to add the 'a' on the first name.

Planning comes in very handy for a lazy person like me.  :-)

May 22, 2013 1:02 AM BST

That is lucky When I first had my name legally changed I had to keep resigning because I kept signing my old name and my name and initials are a lot different from my old one except the last name part

May 22, 2013 1:15 AM BST