Your first night out nervous? how to look good withot the nerves

• 376 posts
    May 22, 2013 8:49 PM BST

Ok its your first night out ever as a female! You are nervous , here is how to look good without the nerves.

First order a taxi/cab . Now prepare everything clothes shoes and now the make-up . Your still nervous aren't you? Go fetch that litre bottle of Whisky you were saving for an occasion like this , now open the bottle and pour a glass full and drink it , feeling better? Thats good. Now sit at your dresser with all of your make-up in front of you , What you are still nervous? Have another glass of whisky .Come on pull yourself together! Clip your hair back away from your face and apply a thin layer of primer to the whole of your face untill it is smooth.

Now lets start with your eyes! Your still nervous? Ok just one more glass of Whisky then. Now choose two shades of eye shadow that suit your eye colour and complexion .

Your still nervous what is wrong with you? Ok have another glass of Whisky , ok you must be calm now half the bottle has gone.

Are you ready? Good now take an applicator and starting with your lower eye lid apply one shade (to both eyes) Now take another shade to blend in and move in an upward direction, No! not you move upward the applicator you idiot, ok just one more glass of whisky then.

Now take your Mascara and start to brush your nose with the wand then stick it in your ear , ok just one more glass of Whisky then , you are not nervous you can't be now.

Ok take your foundation and rub it in your hair and stop looking at that Whisky the cab will be there soon.

Time for some blush! Take a brush and stroke it in your blusher and try really hard to put it on your cheeks in a downward stroke. Ok just one more glass of Whisky then.

Now your lips! Find a nice colour to suit whatever your face looks like right now, now stick the lip colour up your nose and finish the bottle of Whisky off .

Theres your cab! What do you mean you can't find your door its at the front of your house now just go you look amazing and put some shoes on.

This post was edited by Former Member at May 22, 2013 8:55 PM BST
    • 1195 posts
    May 22, 2013 11:31 PM BST
    You should be a bit giddy too.

• May 23, 2013 4:08 AM BST

Get extremely drunk.  Leave your bag in the taxi.  Get the girl next door (who's never seen you dressed as a woman) out of bed and convince her to climb over to your balcony and  open  the front door.  Not one of my best nights.

• 114 posts
    May 24, 2013 10:56 AM BST
    Brilliant post Julia! I wondered where that picture of me got to xxx
  • May 24, 2013 11:03 AM BST

if only i had a bottle of whiskey

• May 24, 2013 12:15 PM BST
    Get militant!
    I'd been getting to the door and freaking out time after time for weeks. I don't/can't drink any more so I had nothing to give me a little edge. It was making me crazy. You know the scenario. It's horrible.
    I couldn't figure it out. I'm basically afraid of nothing. That also translates as reckless!
    I thought to myself, no one has ever dictated the terms on how I should live my life. Ever. Why am I letting what people may or may not say to me prevent me from doing what I want to do? The 21 year old me would have slapped me around for being such a pathetic pussy!
    And that was it. I got angry, I actually wanted people to say something, I dared people to confront me. I was furious at the very notion I was cow-towing to other people's ideas of what is right and proper. Well I would soon show them! Bring it on mofos! And so on and so forth.
    It worked for me. It got me out there. I couldn't wait to get out.
    It still works, I'll stand my ground every time. Be it half witted council employees or that herd of yoofs who don't know how to buy the right trousers who hang outside the bookies, or some uppity check out girl.
    Obviously confidence is the key and practice makes perfect. Most days it doesn't even enter my head, I'm just the same as any other girl going about her business. I think that attitude helps you pass and move around without incident more than any make up or clothes ever could.
    Drinking for Dutch courage led me straight to rehab last time round. Drinking became linked to dressing and it didn't take too long till I had to be wasted to go anywhere. Not good at all. Be careful with that.
    The very first time I went out, I was 16. We were sent home from college early. I got dressed and walked into town and back. No problem whatsoever. Each time after that got harder and harder until it became impossible. I know why too. Quite simply, I thought too much about it! I turned it into a thing in my head. Took years to undo all that. And it was the militant thing that set me free from that too.
    By any means possible!

• May 24, 2013 12:41 PM BST

Maggie I'm glad to hear you've kicked alchohol into the bin.  Drink is a good friend , but a bad enemy, a bit like fire and water, (firewater!).  As to those who don't like you?  Look them straight in the the eye.

• May 24, 2013 1:20 PM BST
    Too true Heather! If you look at someone looking at you they will look away. Every time. When people talk to me in the street and perhaps verge on being a bit cheeky I look them straight in the eye and say "try and play nice fellas...." They usually get what I'm driving at. I think they put it in terms they understand themselves, as in - "how mental would you have to be to go around dressed like that, and not be intimidated by me and my gang?" Their own egos won't allow them to say anything other than very mental indeed. The important thing is you walk away without incident and with your dignity in tact. So do the fellas come to that. It's probably the first time they will have ever been so close to a genuine bona fide Tgirl. I don't know how it works but I always think it's them who feel more intimidated by me.
  • May 24, 2013 1:49 PM BST

"Down these  mean streets  a woman must walk who herself is not mean"

I parphrase  of course.

• 28 posts
    May 27, 2013 9:23 PM BST

Ha ha. I would try the Dutch Courage full glass of whisky but I do not drink anymore.

• 308 posts
    June 3, 2013 3:02 AM BST

Congrats Maggie,

In giving up on the drink, never led me to any good either. Actually made me a better lady, and more confident than finding that sort of thing in a bottle. Closing in on 29yrs without the monkey on my back. I go out with my head up, confident and a MUCH nicer person, and really enjoy myself without any remorse.

BTW I do not seem to lose my purse like some of my friends that over indulge.Smile

Huggs Tammy

This post was edited by Tammy Brianne at June 3, 2013 3:05 AM BST