Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » effects of progynova ts100

effects of progynova ts100

Tags : None
  • How long before progynova ts100 patches start to take effect i . I have been on them for approximatley 6 weeks ,any advice greatly accepted xx

June 6, 2013 7:46 AM BST
  • Hi Sarah

There will be insignificant breast development but you should have diminshed erectile function and also be experiencing some tumescence.

Regards

Chalice

This post was edited by Former Member at June 6, 2013 9:18 AM BST
      June 6, 2013 9:17 AM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    "Diminished erectile function" and "tumesence" would appear to contradict each other.

Sarah, there is no "standard" for how long hormones start to take effect, and ultimately everyone's results vary. Patches are generally considered to deliver a low dose, but it is best to start on a low dose and ramp up gradually if you are seeking full feminisation.
    6 weeks is not long at all in terms of hormone effects, so it's quite possible you haven't noticed anything yet. Sooner or later you may start to notice softer skin. After perhpas a few months you may start to notice breast tenderness and eventually "buds" forming. I say "may" because everyone is different; no-one can predict when or how much. If you haven't noticed any of these after several months it may be time to seek another delivery method or increase your dose.
    I haven't tried patches so I don't personally know exactly how effective they are or how quick they work, and I'm not you. Just remember if anyone tells you what is going to happen, what they really mean is, what might happen.
    It is however almost certainly way too soon to be noticing diminished erectile function. I was on hormones for 3 years before SRS and never entirely lost erectile function, though it was eventually affected to a slight extent.
    As well as estradiol tablets I also use Oestrogel. It might be an alternative to patches for you, as to increase your dosage on patches you'd probably have to be sticking them all over the place!
    If you're on prescriptions, you should speak to your doctor or gender clinic about increasing your dosage after about 6 months or more. I doubt patches alone are going to achieve full feminisation. Please be aware though, this will take many, many years.
    xx
      June 6, 2013 10:10 AM BST
  • Female tumescence, through blood or water, is slow, gravitational, amorphous.

Maybe I should have been more specific.  

Lucy Diamond said:
    "Diminished erectile function" and "tumesence" would appear to contradict each other.  

June 6, 2013 10:59 AM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    "Maybe I should have been more specific."

Crystal clear to everyone now, I'm sure.
    Perhaps though, a pre-op achieving "female tumescence" after 6 weeks on patches is just a tad optimistic.

xx
      June 6, 2013 11:26 AM BST
  • Lucy, it's too far back for me to remember now, but sarah can be sure that her's is down the track somewhere.  

Lucy Diamond said:
    "Maybe I should have been more specific." Crystal clear to everyone now, I'm sure. Perhaps though, a pre-op achieving "female tumescence" after 6 weeks on patches is just a tad optimistic.   xx

^*_*^

June 6, 2013 11:46 AM BST
  •  

Estrodot patches are small and combined with gel should prove suitable.

<p>ooxxoo</p>
      June 6, 2013 11:14 PM BST
  • Hey I am Rhyanna I thought I would join your discussion, concerning hormone replacement Therapy. I have taking hormones orally since 2010 I now have started injections I am taking ten mil vials now. The pills were at 5 mil since I have been in hormones it had taken some time to develop breasts, they are right , it will take at least three years to develop a real change, but again everyone is different.
    The question I have is I took my first injection yesterday, does anyone know when I should take another injection again these injections are 10 milligram
      June 15, 2013 9:11 PM BST
  • Hey Rhyanna. Firstly, I don't think you are taking 10ml vials. In fact, if you are using Progynon Depot from Inhouse Pharmacy then the vials are 10mg/ml in a 1ml vial.

I was using one a week which is the minimum dosage reported. But be warned, when my bloodwork came back, the estradiol reading was through the roof at 700. It needs to be maintained at 200. I am now on a two week turn around, had a blood test of Friday, so the results will be at my endo soon, in time for my next visit in July.  

It is important that you have a two pronged approach, if you are intent on DIY or self-medicating, you need to consult the literature and use a Doctor. Doctors don't always know what they're doing so an informed approach is always the best. You have to have some brains if you are going to DIY and obviously you do.

Try this link FYI ; http://www.transgendercare.com/ 

Regards

Chalice 

Rhyanna Baker said:
    Hey I am Rhyanna I thought I would join your discussion, concerning hormone replacement Therapy. I have taking hormones orally since 2010 I now have started injections I am taking ten mil vials now. The pills were at 5 mil since I have been in hormones it had taken some time to develop breasts, they are right , it will take at least three years to develop a real change, but again everyone is different. The question I have is I took my first injection yesterday, does anyone know when I should take another injection again these injections are 10 milligram

June 15, 2013 11:24 PM BST
  • Progynon Depot is cited in this article, which shows that the original advice I had was onerous to say the least. 

Progynon depotR 10 mg/2 weeks to 100 mg/month i.m.

Found at:

http://www.transgendercare.com/medical/hormonal/hormone-tx_assch_gooren.htm 

Which only reinforces the point: It pays to do some in-depth research.

CB

This post was edited by Former Member at June 16, 2013 12:20 AM BST
      June 16, 2013 12:16 AM BST
  • Thanks for your help Chalice, I should be fine, then if I take the injection every ten days should be good. I am going to my primary doctor for blood work next week then in 01 2014 I am seeing an encrin that was the only appointment I could get, and it was setup by my primary physician.
      June 16, 2013 6:07 PM BST
  • Chalice Brendale said:

Progynon Depot is cited in this article, which shows that the original advice I had was onerous to say the least. 

Found at:

CB

Which is why people should not give advice here on their personal programmes or pass on information that has not been substantiated, ones persons ambrosia might be poison to someone else.   A little knowledge can be dangerous.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
    This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at June 16, 2013 6:48 PM BST
      June 16, 2013 6:44 PM BST
  • Of course its dangerous. even an endocrinologist will point out the risk facts for any clients embarking on a course of medications. But the thing to consider is whether to adopt a policy of zero tolerance, or chose to advocate for harm minimisation. Since it takes a modicum of intelligence to self-medicate, or use semi-DIY, then promulgating responsible and informed decision making is not only contemporary wisdom but ethical.

The site I cited is overseen by professionals not only qualified in medical issues but also expert in transition.

I think each case, where advice is proffered, needs to be evaluated on its merits.  

~*!*~  

Cristine, Shye (GS Admin) said:

Chalice Brendale said:

Progynon Depot is cited in this article, which shows that the original advice I had was onerous to say the least. 

Found at:

CB

Which is why people should not give advice here on their personal programmes or pass on information that has not been substantiated, ones persons ambrosia might be poison to someone else.   A little knowledge can be dangerous.

June 16, 2013 10:32 PM BST
  • From what I gather from your last post to me, chalice that I should use a more of a two week approach, if I intend on self medicating cause I can't see my Endo till 01-2014
      June 19, 2013 2:54 AM BST
  • What I would advise you to do is to get some blood work done.

Its not difficult to find the recommended levels of estrogen and testosterone that are optimum for transition. 

What happened to me is I had a high reading of 700. My endo thinks that's too high. He's aiming for a normal female level of 200 so, because I was injecting every week, we moved back to fortnightly. However, when I was at the GP on Monday, my last bloodwork came back with a reading of 134 which is too low. It is a constant toing and froing between doses and frequency of administration until the levels and responses are found. That can only be done with regular blood work.

As I said on the wall, I have doubts about how well this current endo can manage and offer guidance for transition.

Anyway, he wants to keep me alive and that's the bottom line.  

I'll figure out the rest as we go along.  

Rhyanna Baker said:
    From what I gather from your last post to me, chalice that I should use a more of a two week approach, if I intend on self medicating cause I can't see my Endo till 01-2014

Every ten days might suit you, I don't know. The information from Transgender Care is from between one vial per fortnight up to 10 vials a month. I won't be taking 10 vials a month. Common sense needs to prevail here.   

Regards

Chalice

This post was edited by Former Member at June 19, 2013 9:38 AM BST
      June 19, 2013 9:37 AM BST
  • thank you for all your replies, i have now purchased oestrogel  . many thanks once again . Sarah

June 21, 2013 7:39 AM BST