Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Good Morning » Good morning! 13th August

Good morning! 13th August

Tags : None
  • Well, not sooo good as I burnt my calf quite badly on a motorcycle exhaust yesterday and because it has a dressing on it, I had to wear trousers to work today, and for the rest of the week I guess. Frown

It's not that I mind wearing them, but the weather is just too warm! A skirt is much cooler on days like this. However, it's not a good look with a large bandage around my calf though. 

Nikki 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      August 13, 2013 2:07 PM BST

I think a dressing (no, no pun!) on your calf doesn't sound too bad....

August 13, 2013 2:55 PM BST
  • It isn't a good look Robin, It's a large burn about the size of the palm of your hand. It would have looked rather silly with a skirt and I'm far too vain for that! lol.

Nikki

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      August 13, 2013 5:56 PM BST

Shouldn't motorbike exhausts be better protected? Bicycle chains are another thing... A pair of lightweight trousers should be comfy in hot weather. How come you're getting the hot weather anyway, it's quite cool here today.

August 13, 2013 7:47 PM BST

Yes, I guess it would at that, best not to take any advise from me!

Oh, and no need for a heat shield on motorcycle exhausts....you just don't touch it Niki! ; )

August 13, 2013 8:53 PM BST
  • Yes, thank you Robin,lol. It was because I hadn't ridden it for a couple of weeks so took it out of the garage to run the engine. As it's hot I just had my daisy dukes on. Wheeling it back in, I just touched the side of the exhaust slightly but that's all it takes. 

Donna, normally you will not be in contact with the exhaust but as I stated here, I wasn't actually riding it at the time, which makes it all the more ironic really. Tongue out

As for the hot weather, it's mine and I'm keeping it! 

Nikki

August 14, 2013 3:30 PM BST

Ha ha! Can't we share the good weather?

August 15, 2013 11:59 AM BST