Good morning! 13th August

• 2017 posts
    August 13, 2013 2:07 PM BST

Well, not sooo good as I burnt my calf quite badly on a motorcycle exhaust yesterday and because it has a dressing on it, I had to wear trousers to work today, and for the rest of the week I guess. Frown

It's not that I mind wearing them, but the weather is just too warm! A skirt is much cooler on days like this. However, it's not a good look with a large bandage around my calf though. 

Nikki 

• 95 posts
    August 13, 2013 2:55 PM BST

I think a dressing (no, no pun!) on your calf doesn't sound too bad....

• 2017 posts
    August 13, 2013 5:56 PM BST

It isn't a good look Robin, It's a large burn about the size of the palm of your hand. It would have looked rather silly with a skirt and I'm far too vain for that! lol.

Nikki

• 13 posts
    August 13, 2013 7:47 PM BST

Shouldn't motorbike exhausts be better protected? Bicycle chains are another thing... A pair of lightweight trousers should be comfy in hot weather. How come you're getting the hot weather anyway, it's quite cool here today.

• 95 posts
    August 13, 2013 8:53 PM BST

Yes, I guess it would at that, best not to take any advise from me!

Oh, and no need for a heat shield on motorcycle exhausts....you just don't touch it Niki! ; )

• 2017 posts
    August 14, 2013 3:30 PM BST

Yes, thank you Robin,lol. It was because I hadn't ridden it for a couple of weeks so took it out of the garage to run the engine. As it's hot I just had my daisy dukes on. Wheeling it back in, I just touched the side of the exhaust slightly but that's all it takes. 

Donna, normally you will not be in contact with the exhaust but as I stated here, I wasn't actually riding it at the time, which makes it all the more ironic really. Tongue out

As for the hot weather, it's mine and I'm keeping it! 

Nikki

• 13 posts
    August 15, 2013 11:59 AM BST

Ha ha! Can't we share the good weather?