Changes march order under the HRT

• August 19, 2004 5:26 AM BST
    Hi everybody

Thinking back my two years of the HRT I could put the changes in a certain time order. And I´m curious to hear your experiences.

1) Breast development, almost immediately after the start

2) Smoother and dryer skin, almost from the start

3) Easier crying, 1 - 2 months from the start, then gradually disappearing

4) Face feminization. Starting from 3 months from the beginning, still continuing

5) The waist finding ist new location (a bit higher up than males have), 6 - 8 months from the beginning, at the same time weight diappearing from the chest and arms.

6) Fat finding its way to the bottom, hips, legs and lower stomach area. Starting from 8 months from the beginning, then speeding up at the 15 - 18 months of the beginning.

Laura

• August 19, 2004 5:54 AM BST
    Daniel

I guess I´m an exception in many ways. I started my HRT in the age of 56. And Sandra, it is hard to measure the face feminization, but look closer at the form of your cheeks and upper cheeks plus the corners of your eyes. Your bones will not change, so the soft parts are the ones to study closer.

Laura
  • August 19, 2004 7:10 AM BST
    Yes, here in Finland the same thing. Suspected ts-cases will be guided to two University Hospitals with special units specialized in diagnosting the GID. A regular shrink cannot make the GID diagnosis, only these special units.
    I made over 20 visits in 9 months to my unit before they gave me my diagnosis.
    About the bald spot. Yes, it is refilling itself, full of hair, though still much shorter than in other places. But that will correct itself with time.

Laura
  • August 19, 2004 7:45 AM BST
    Sandra

About the face feminization, one story came into my mind. A friend of mine said to me, when I on the 6th month of my HRT that when I´m angry I look male, when my face is without expression I look 60% female and when I smile I look 100% female.
    Smile helps. Girls smile a lot .

Laura
  • August 20, 2004 6:31 PM BST
    to Daniel
    I do not know, whether allow rules of a forum to use names of medical products, but I shall try to offer you time-tested means of the Russian TS against problems with hair - proscar and finast. The same working substance, simply the first in 5 time is more dear. Helps well as I precisely know.
    to Laura
    I never would think that to you of 56 years! Here that do care of self and HRT. As speak in Russia - all illnesses from nerves, and estrogens it precisely best means from them. And concerning a smile. Yes, especially my cheekbones which were very much approximated began to like me and especially well look at a smile.