Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Passing in public » Daily voice homework

Daily voice homework

Tags : None
  • My daily voide training looks and sounds like this:

First RA - RO - REE from low to high. Then opening the middle voice RO with a RRRRRRRROOO. And then saying sentences with this voice. That is my normal female voice. REE is at the border of falsetto, my therapist warned me not to speak that high. REE is reserved for the first syllable of the sentence if you are very surprised. RA should not be used much...that is close to my previous male "normal voice".
    Repeating RRRRROOOOO gets the voice cords used to the new normal voice. So that when you after a silence must say something, it automatically comes from the right hight. I have noticed it works. This morning I said with my new "normal voice" good morning to the bust driver . And after that had a long chat here in the office at the coffe table. In meetings I can also already manage my voice quite well. Oh...what a relief.

Laura
      August 19, 2004 7:33 AM BST
  • Exactly Daniel. That´s the point. To train the voice cords so that whenever you open your mouth you get out the new normal voice. Without training the voice comes either as it used to be or randomly something else that is not under control.

Laura
      August 19, 2004 8:09 AM BST
  • My voice is about the only part of me that I can call truly feminine. When I was younger the Nuns in my Catholic school had me sing with the girls since I had such a high pitch to my voice. The voice stayed about the same pitch but now I have to practice the melodic qualities, and keep it high. Singing has helped me a bit to control it. I still have to practice though at times when I answer the phone from tele-marketers they do address me as Ma am or Ms. I also practice by checking out airline flights and car rentals and the like. I just love hearing the person on the other end address me as Mrs or Miss.

Barb
      August 21, 2004 9:44 PM BST