New to the site

• 1 posts
    October 14, 2013 9:07 AM BST

Hey everyone. 

So first my name is Steffany. I joined the site basically because I found myself in a new situation, and I'm unsure of who I can safely talk to about it. 

Basically I moved to Nashville a couple months ago, I met a guy named Sam. Initally I was totally girl crushing, this is before I found out Sam if a FTM transgender. This did NOT change the way I felt, the other thing was I started refuring to Sam as a male instead of female in order to respect him. We've basically become best friends. He is one of the few people in my new town that I am truly friends with...I don't make friends easily. 

I told him how I felt and at first he was completely honest with me in the aspect of he was recluctant to get into a relationship, he had recently gotten out a relationship with a girl who had a child and they were still living together. This girl was basically using her daughter who Sam had come to care about and love as his own--I myself having a daughter. I wouldn't want to interfer in this, however Sam and I continued to get closer. As we did, he started telling me that he missed me when we weren't together, and had told me that he was starting to like me.

Then his ex basically told him if he didn't get back together with her he would never see his "daughter" again so I again backed off but however this wasn't enough for his ex...she became ridiclous jealous of me, she ended up getting another girl to jump Sam with her. And then Sam threw them out. 

Now we are back to where we started....thing is I'm completely falling for him, and find myself unsure of what to do with the entire situation.........if anyone has any advise or words of wisdom they'd be willing to share I would greatly appericate it. 

• 178 posts
    October 14, 2013 1:02 PM BST

Hello Steffany, and welcome.  You are in a spot, aren't you?

First, and above else, don't start to blame yourself for Sam's family situation.  What has happened is the result of his ex's actions.  That said, if you are really falling for him, and if it appears that that the feeling is mutual, why not explore the relationship further.   Don’t rush, and don’t be rushed.  Communicate all the time, and if you have any doubts or anxieties with Sam, be open and honest about them.

Oh, and by the way, you are safe to open up here – you are with some great people!

I wish you both a great future.

• 746 posts
    October 14, 2013 8:27 PM BST

Just keep leaving the "door" open to Sam...in time, things ought to sort itself out and it sounds like he needs a true friend!

Best wishes always!

Traci xoxo