Is it normal?

• 7 posts
    October 28, 2013 10:53 AM GMT

To introduce a story:

I came out to everyone, about being trans that is, about a week and a half ago, everyone has been very supporting about the whole thing, in one of the free periods a couple of the girls even changed my hair, which was one of the most strangle happy experienses of my life. There are of course exceptions to the rule of course. On friday i was walking back from school and some muppet from a year bellow me with a group of friends were walking in the opposite direction in a field across the road from me, upon seeing me the aforementioned muppet yelled "Sex change!".

He shouted it as though "sex change" is an insult, but on any real level it is simply an acknowlagement of fact, for all intense and purposes he might as well have yelled "respirating oxygen!" or "existing within the dimentions of time and space, notwidhstanding other plains of existance not yet percivable!"

Until the statment of fact can be seen as at all derogatory it cannot be viewed as an insult, if questioned upon the matter mr.muppet would probably have said that it is insulting because having a sex change is not normal. As such i now question what is normal.

When discussing this it must be known that there is a difference between "the norm" and "the normal",just because something is normal does not make it the norm, and just because something is the norm does not make it normal. Sex changes are not the norm but that is not an insult, saying that the norm makes something right is equivelent to saying that the amount of people who ascribe to something makes it good. So by that logic "Eat some Sh*t, 30 trillion flies can't be wrong" or "Die, everyone ever can't be wrong".

The norm is not part of the equation.

Being transgeder or being a girl is a feeling i have in my heart of hearts, an inescapable conclution realised by searching through my minds eye. The emotions are part of my nature. It could be said that those feelings were either born there or put there by my experiances, why i have feeling or "nature or nuture" is a simple argument of semetics, i still have those feelings not matter where they originate. They are part of my nature, to repress them or to go against them (by not having a sex change) would be to go against my nature and is thus not normal. I wish to have a sex change and am thus not going against my nature.

Therefore i am normal.

This post was edited by Rebecca Bryan at October 28, 2013 10:53 AM GMT
    • 3 posts
    October 28, 2013 6:28 PM GMT

amazingly well said

• 7 posts
    October 28, 2013 6:37 PM GMT
    Emma Williams said:

amazingly well said

Why thank you, the style of writing is heavily influenced by Richard Dawkins and by the character of "Alucard" my profile pic

• October 28, 2013 9:26 PM GMT

Hi Rebecca

I find it kind of strange that you came out to everyone yet you hide on a trans website! That is of course up to you and there is no rule to say you have to show yourself.

As for "Sex change" If you are in your mind a female does that mean you want to change to a male? The term Sex change is not really a good way of saying it , it is used to much in newspapers ect to demean us , don't take it as a compliment because it is not , it is when said to you normally an insult to your gender.

I wish you the best . Take care .

Julia .

This post was edited by Former Member at October 28, 2013 9:54 PM GMT
    • 1652 posts
    October 28, 2013 9:44 PM GMT
    Hi Rebecca, welcome to the site, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Don't listen to anyone here, they're all bonkers.
    Eloquence and normality is good, keep it up.
    xx
  • October 29, 2013 12:59 AM GMT

Hi Rebecca, very nice post. Welcome to the site, hope to see you around the site and maybe get to know you.

Hugs,

Briana

• 7 posts
    October 29, 2013 9:02 AM GMT
    julia ford said:

Hi Rebecca

I find it kind of strange that you came out to everyone yet you hide on a trans website! 

I'm not hiding i just don't have any photos of myself that i like.

And when i say sex change i mean a change of my body to become fully female.

• 1652 posts
    October 31, 2013 1:01 AM GMT
    Congratulations on becoming a "legal adult", Rebecca. You can now buy alcohol and apparantly have your forum thread opened again. Hope it was worth the couple of days wait.
    I don't find your banter odd at all.
    xx
    • 7 posts
    November 1, 2013 7:52 AM GMT
    Lucy Diamond said:
    Congratulations on becoming a "legal adult", Rebecca. You can now buy alcohol and apparantly have your forum thread opened again. Hope it was worth the couple of days wait. I don't find your banter odd at all. xx
    Thank youbut i don't drink i always find alcohol to be a bit to bitter for me
    Also the great thing about being born on halloween is that everyone celebrates your birthday