Remember TrannyBay?

• 2127 posts
    November 2, 2013 11:46 AM GMT

Some members who have been with us for a long time may remember that at one stage, several years ago, we had an auction site of our very own, which we called TrannyBay.  The idea was that if you had some shoes or a dress or a make-up kit or whatever, that was surplus to requirement, you could put the items on TrannyBay and other members would bid on them until a winner was declared, just like eBay.

Those who decided to purge suddenly had a place to sell their wardrobe instead of sending a small fortune in clothes to land fill, which would have been a terrible waste.  They were also able to make some money.

Well, I've been thinking that maybe we should try this again so I want to hear your opinions.  Of course, if you think it'll be a turkey then we won't bother, but with the holiday season just around the corner, this could be a good time to try it.

So, what do you think?  Should we add an auction to the site's existing features?  Would you use it to buy or to sell or both or not at all?

You decide!

Thanks, Katie   x

• November 2, 2013 12:30 PM GMT

Great idea, massive apeal, selective stock. . . . . but little take up i think for obvious reasons !. . . . . . still saying that ide buy and sell,  Just a thought what about a (Freebe section) postage only if its not been done ? 

Wanted :  a short Denim jacket size 12 !  for starters Laughing

• 1652 posts
    November 2, 2013 1:39 PM GMT
    Yes yes yes!.
    It was excellent, I sold everything I put on there, dresses, shoes and even a boxed video set of Fawlty Towers.
    Much better than ebay. And I now have sooo much more to sell, good stuff too!
    Go for it Katie. Call it T-bay!
    xx
    • 178 posts
    November 2, 2013 2:24 PM GMT

Got to be worth a try, I think.

• 41 posts
    November 2, 2013 2:34 PM GMT

Couldn't hurt,Katie. It sure is better than throwing everything away.

• 143 posts
    November 2, 2013 3:36 PM GMT
    Hey Katie - This Tranny Bay idea is excellent : ) - I would be a frequent shopper for such things - In this cycle of buying and have committed myself to the only purge this time around is my guy stuff - as the last year since coming out has transpired I have been slowly developing my look, style, et al. But who knows - there may be things I can part with due to moods, feelings, et al. It can also be a learning experience - seeing what others are moving through that is. Super cool idea : )
    • 17 posts
    November 2, 2013 6:42 PM GMT

I think it's an awesome idea 

• 2127 posts
    November 4, 2013 12:39 PM GMT

Sounds fairly unanimous so far.  It will cost a fair amount to buy and implement the software for this so I'm not going into it lightly.  I want to make sure you will all actually use it or ther will be no point. As usual I look to the membership for guidance.

Shall I go ahead and set up T-Bay?

Hugs, Katie   x

• 1652 posts
    November 4, 2013 12:44 PM GMT
    I promise you I would use it, ebay becomes ever more disappointing to me.
    xx
    • 34 posts
    November 5, 2013 2:44 PM GMT

Yes good idea Katie Smile

• November 13, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
    I think this is a good idea. You should investigate shipping options for those who don't want to advertise their purchases to the world.
    • 2127 posts
    November 13, 2013 11:40 PM GMT

Don't worry Catherine.  T-Bay is only available to our members and not to the wider world.

Hugs, Katie   x

• 0 posts
    November 14, 2013 12:35 AM GMT

Hi Katie.

How do you pay?

Will it go through PayPal?

Will there be a rating scheme?

What protections can we be sure of?

CB