Don't worry

• 2358 posts
    November 16, 2013 10:06 PM GMT

This is something to think about when negative people are doing their best to rain on your parade. So remember this story the next time someone who knows nothing, and cares less, tries to make your life miserable.

A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded:

" Rome ? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty. You're crazy to go to Rome . So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. " That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying inRome?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome's Tiber River called Teste."

"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks its gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump.

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope.

"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant.

Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome .

"It w as wonderful," explained the woman, "not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked, and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot.

And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job, and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me.

Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me."

"Oh, really! What'd he say ?"

He said: "Where'd you get the shitty Hairdo?"

• November 17, 2013 12:38 AM GMT

priceless!!  LMAO

• 746 posts
    November 17, 2013 2:30 AM GMT

LOL....Awesome!

• 41 posts
    November 17, 2013 6:49 AM GMT

Great,Cristine.And it's often true.

• 178 posts
    November 17, 2013 8:12 AM GMT

Great start to today.  Thanks Cristine.Smile

• 2017 posts
    November 18, 2013 1:57 PM GMT

LMAO! 

• 2358 posts
    November 19, 2013 3:34 PM GMT

Five people who appreciate irony,

• 746 posts
    November 19, 2013 3:36 PM GMT

Five people who appreciate Crisse's whacked out sense of humor!  *LOVE*!!!!  

Traci xoxo

• 1 posts
    November 26, 2013 8:33 AM GMT

LOL, that was funny..

• March 28, 2015 11:17 PM GMT

I appreciate everything you do Crissie whether it is serious or funny. This website would be lost without you. You are the heart that keeps it beating and it is about time someone showed you more appreciation (and you know who).

Thank you for everything you do and Thank you for just being you . xxxx

Edit: Maybe I should have said "Some" not more Appreciation? .

This post was edited by Former Member at March 28, 2015 11:21 PM GMT
    • 746 posts
    March 29, 2015 6:18 AM BST

Crissie's awesome!!!

xoxo

• March 31, 2015 12:15 AM BST

The issue is that most people do not know what they had until it is too late & it is gone......

• March 31, 2015 7:51 AM BST

Agree100% Matt . Some people need to take a good look at what they have not what they do not have. It is no good just thinking I have someone special here and just ignoring the fact. Some recognition whould not go amiss and a Thank you costs nothing but can mean a lot if it is said with some thought and meaning. I never turn my back on my friends or people that have helped me in my life apart from when a tiny few stab me in the back.

This post was edited by Former Member at March 31, 2015 7:52 AM BST
    • 2358 posts
    March 31, 2015 4:06 PM BST

I like funny Cool

• 2358 posts
    March 31, 2015 4:23 PM BST

In  Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death. Like THAT makes sense.)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In  Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.

(Do they look different reversed?)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times.

(A brick?)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.
    (Much worse than 'going blind!')
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time. Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.

(Let's just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands.
    The husband's illicit lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.

(Ah! Justice!)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England but only in tropical fish stores.

(But of course!)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In  Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act. In case he needs instruction?)

(Makes one shudder at the thought.)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter/son  at the same time.

(I presume this was such a huge problem that they had to pass this law?)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.'

(Is this a great country or what? but not as great as Guam!)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

(Who volunteers for these tests?)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated(From drinking little bottles of???)

(Did our government pay for this research??)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Butterflies taste with their feet.

(Ah, geez.)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

(I know some people like that.)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Starfish don't have brains..

(I know some people like that, too.)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And, the best for last?

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

Crissie knows people that can talk through their butts

The writer is now in Guam …

Last but not least its not illegal to place a fire cracker in your arse and set it off

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at June 7, 2019 3:52 PM BST
  • March 31, 2015 5:03 PM BST

You crack me up CrissieSmile Thank you for that.

As a law student Crissie you must need to know these thingsSmile. I like funny too. In the UK it is common courtesy and good manners to show appreciation and recognition for good things people do .

That is not a law it is a fact and it should be rewarded with some kind of response . I cannot say what I want to here but, I Thank you from my heart for all you do for everyone here. xx

• 746 posts
    March 31, 2015 6:16 PM BST

Holy crap...I thought the USA had screwed up laws!  Still chuckling over the Guam job though...(smile)

xoxo

• April 18, 2015 2:35 PM BST

You have a gift for turning sad and pathetic into side splitting howlers.    You always amuse me roflma

• April 18, 2015 2:50 PM BST

She is a gift Cass. Look after her and each other. Cherish every moment through the good times and the bad. Love to you both xxx

• 10 posts
    May 9, 2015 8:13 AM BST

Your post made my day. I'm really rolling on the the floor laughing. Thanks for amazing post christine :-)

• June 3, 2015 10:02 AM BST
    You know that made me smile this morning. Boy I was having one of my oh why the hell am I doing this and then i read this so thanks for sharing