HELP! I Can't Handle Being Trans!

• 10 posts
    November 26, 2013 2:49 PM GMT

Help I can't being trans, it is destorying me! Can anybody help me?

• 178 posts
    November 26, 2013 4:07 PM GMT

Tell me more about your situation, Rosie.  If you do not want to say anything publicly, PM me.

Amanda.

Transgender Psychology Forum

• 10 posts
    November 26, 2013 4:19 PM GMT

I have recently disocvering I am a transsexual and it is destorying my life. I jsut don't knwo what to do

It sucks.

• November 28, 2013 3:14 AM GMT

HI Rosie-

You are very young, but be assured that the feelings that you now have were experienced by 99% of the people on this site.  My best advice is to be calm and slowly try to understand whether you are really trans. First, see a competent therapist to help you sort this out.  After much thought and analysis, if you think that you are trans, perhaps you should start thinking positively about your condition. Do more thinking to understand yourself and where you want to go. A large fraction of us here are really happy and pleased with our life and lifestyle. There will be many options for you and many turning points and thoughts of changing course. Many times, I have thought of burning all of me dresses, but I always returned to the natural me. If you decide you are really trans, there will be many options in your development. Just give a lot of calm thought to every possibility, and you will be just fine.  I am much older than you, but I can tell you that I am living the most positive and glorious life that one can imagine.

With caring thoughts.

Jacqueline

• 2017 posts
    December 1, 2013 12:48 PM GMT

Rosie, 

Being scared by all of this is normal. I am not going to give you any advice other than go and see your GP and seek professional help. Only after dealing with this issue at your own pace will you be able to be clear about the way forward. 

Just because you think you  are trans, does not mean you need to follow the path of changing your gender. 

Many of us here knew we were different from an early age, it isn't something you choose. 

Most transgendered people are not transsexuals so seek help and explore this issue with a gender therapist who will be better placed to guide you through your options. 

Nikki 

• 10 posts
    December 9, 2013 10:45 AM GMT

Well it all started last year when I bought some sporty girls clothes. Me and my friends planned to go to a party as the Spice Girls, I wanted to be Sporty Spice so I wouldn't have to wear a dress (I didn't know I was trans at this point) so I went to the shop and purchased a blue top that like showed me belly and some grey shorts that were for ladies.

When I got home I tried on aforementioned clothes in the privacy of my room prior to the party, I made breasts out of things that were lying around, e.g. shirts, socks, etc

I then moved around my room wearing this outfit and I looked in the mirror then I was like "what the hell am I doing? this is weird" so I took off the clothes. In the end me and my mates never wore the costumes to the party and I ended up throwing out the costume after a few weeks.

After trying on the clothes I had a few whirring feelings in my brain like something was being uncovered then about a week later after I came out to my mum about being "bisexual" and it not going as well as I hoped, I was also drinking each night (out with friends, I was still a student back then :P then one night I was alone in my room and thne I got the whirring feeling and I was like "OMG I AM A TRANSSEXUAL ASJKDJSFDJLFDSJ JFDFDJFDJK JFKFDJFD"" MAJOR BREAKDOWN!!! I WENT FOR A WALK TO TRYI AND CLEAR MY MIND. When I first said "I am a transsexual" I got a sensation through my body, I think this was gender euphoria. 

Then for half a year to a year I was really worried I was trans, I was like "OMG I am trans but I don't want to be/ I wish I could stay as a man / etc etc etc""

Then a few months ago I was like "OMG I AM ACTUALLY TRANS, I am not just scared of being trans, I am actually trans" This was a shock to me and it has been rocking my world.

And that is the story of my trans discovery

• 2358 posts
    December 9, 2013 5:36 PM GMT

Rosie Sorry I am just getting around to answering your apparent desperate plea.

you  just discovered your trans. have you never felt your different in some ways from a young age? its not exactly something you wake up one morning and think jesus FFS I am trans.    Its more a growing awareness that you different,  if you hate the thought so much and you find it so repugnant, I would say your halfway to being 'cured', if you realy are trans the only positive cure, really is to to come to terms with it for lasting contentment.

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at December 9, 2013 5:52 PM GMT
    • 10 posts
    December 10, 2013 6:28 AM GMT
    Cristine, Shye (GS Admin) said:

Rosie Sorry I am just getting around to answering your apparent desperate plea.

you  just discovered your trans. have you never felt your different in some ways from a young age? its not exactly something you wake up one morning and think jesus FFS I am trans.    Its more a growing awareness that you different,  if you hate the thought so much and you find it so repugnant, I would say your halfway to being 'cured', if you realy are trans the only positive cure, really is to to come to terms with it for lasting contentment.

Hello, thank you for your response. Well I think it developed over a few months cos I did a project on social constructionism at uni and I included research on transgender people in it and then I thought "why am I focusing on transgender people so much" this was a few weeks before my dressing experience.

Also I used to go to a feminist society and I guess I have done some girly things in the past.

Yeah I agree that the only positive treatment is coming to terms with it but I am having ushc trouble doing that cos I find it all so hard to handle.

• 2573 posts
    January 24, 2014 12:31 AM GMT

Rosie,

1.  You can't do anything to change who you are.

2.  You can not get off the large pussycat once you are riding it.

3.  It is not a choice.  It is a fact of life.

4.  You may find you are glad you are who you are.

• February 1, 2014 9:52 PM GMT

rosie foster said:

Well it all started last year when I bought some sporty girls clothes. Me and my friends planned to go to a party as the Spice Girls, I wanted to be Sporty Spice so I wouldn't have to wear a dress (I didn't know I was trans at this point) so I went to the shop and purchased a blue top that like showed me belly and some grey shorts that were for ladies.

When I got home I tried on aforementioned clothes in the privacy of my room prior to the party, I made breasts out of things that were lying around, e.g. shirts, socks, etc

I then moved around my room wearing this outfit and I looked in the mirror then I was like "what the hell am I doing? this is weird" so I took off the clothes. In the end me and my mates never wore the costumes to the party and I ended up throwing out the costume after a few weeks.

After trying on the clothes I had a few whirring feelings in my brain like something was being uncovered then about a week later after I came out to my mum about being "bisexual" and it not going as well as I hoped, I was also drinking each night (out with friends, I was still a student back then :P then one night I was alone in my room and thne I got the whirring feeling and I was like "OMG I AM A TRANSSEXUAL ASJKDJSFDJLFDSJ JFDFDJFDJK JFKFDJFD"" MAJOR BREAKDOWN!!! I WENT FOR A WALK TO TRYI AND CLEAR MY MIND. When I first said "I am a transsexual" I got a sensation through my body, I think this was gender euphoria. 

Then for half a year to a year I was really worried I was trans, I was like "OMG I am trans but I don't want to be/ I wish I could stay as a man / etc etc etc""

Then a few months ago I was like "OMG I AM ACTUALLY TRANS, I am not just scared of being trans, I am actually trans" This was a shock to me and it has been rocking my world.

And that is the story of my trans discovery

Julia Ford says:

This has to be a Wind-Up or I am Paris Hilton . So at 21 years old you just caught being Transexual? Maybe another Transexual sneezed on you and you caught it.

In another post you said you have told your doctor now , did you get a cure? Maybe some Antibiotics!.

Yes you do need help if this is not a Wind Up.

So you can't handle being trans? Yet 3 minutes before posting this you posted this  http://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/8077/going-out-nr-taunton

So you can't handle it but want to know where there are some  good trans hot spots? Why you can't handle it?.

Transgender means many kinds of people all put under the same umbrella . You are not Transexual because you say , well it all started last year! It would have all started when you were at an age where you could think for yourself . What you have posted here is actually an insult to Transexuals , you managed to skip all of the pain we have to go through pre and post puberty. Well done this has to be a first.

You must be cured now because since seeing you doctor you have vanished. And I thought I had seen it all.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 1, 2014 10:37 PM GMT