Make the effort

• 2358 posts
    November 27, 2013 4:08 PM GMT

You like this site??? To me its the best trans site in the world,  There are a quite a few dedicated people here, who have no real need to be here, they offer help, support and advice. supporting the site financially.  No sleaze, but we welcome everyone whatever your persuasion.    It peeves me sometimes the amount of money apparently people spend on clothes, shoes etc.  membership costs less than a packet of biscuits a week.   If you have been here a while consider, fair play, take out full membership, if your new and find what your looking for, help, empathy and support consider taking out full membership.    To run this site, costs money.    The site was started by Katie Glover, who works tirelessly, to provide a sanctury, a place for information and support, and someone who props up the running of it with her own money everytime a crisis arises.   If your getting something out of this, please consider putting something back to help others and keep this place going, FFS its less than a dollar a week

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at November 27, 2013 4:10 PM GMT
  • February 27, 2014 10:34 PM GMT

Since the original post was in November of 2013, and no one has responded, there seems to be an underwelming vote of support for the site.  I have articulated several problems before along with some potential solutions and have asked others to join in the discussion without success.

I have been a member for a long time, and recently have not seen a reason to log in, because I do not see much of interest. For many years the sitye was excellent with lots of discussions and a busy chat room.  I see the evolved site as a "Facebook" like format with mainly trivial comments and interactions.  I don't see many things here which involve much thought. If one looks at all of te statistics, the site is in severe decline.  Members need to see a reason for not bwcoming Full Members.

How about several of you post some reasons for not becoming full members.

With my best thoughts.

Jacqueline

• February 27, 2014 10:54 PM GMT

Jacqueline! This post has not gone unoticed it is just people see it as only what they want to "Asking for money" It is not asking for much though is it?.

I challenge you to find a better website than this one for trans people! You will not find one unless you want to it be  to be obsessed with sex.

Reasons for not becoming a full member? There are none. Less than 2% of members contribute towards running costs of this site , one day you may just wake up and find it gone with a rate like that. How can this place get better with out an income? .

With my best thoughts too.

Julia .

• M G
    • 373 posts
    April 10, 2014 3:20 PM BST
    One of the best ways to help yourself is to help your community. Our community has a lot of work to do. We have a long way to go. I believe in paying it forward. This place is great. It is a unique site and I hope it not only continues but grows and gets better. Katie and others have built the foundation and continue to do all the maintenance but to a large extent this site can only be as good as we all make it. The more you put into it, the more you stand to get out of it. It is helping me and I want it to be here to help others. For me, being new not only to this site but to an honest and meaningful exploration of my feelings, I see so much content here that interests me that I feel it is hard to keep up. I would hope that for those who feel they have little or nothing to gain by being here, they can think back to what it was like when they were new. How much did this place help them? How would it have been without it, and even how much better could it have been? Would you appreciate knowing that what was here for you can be here for others? Can you benefit from helping others? Does that not feel good, knowing that you are helping not just individuals, but your community and yourself? Apologies for these somewhat scattered thoughts, that's just the way they've come out...

Madeleine : )

p.s. If you haven't yet found a way to contribute financially, please do. There are several flexible ways to do so. And as I said, this site can only be as good as we the members make it. All of us. Together.
    : )
    This post was edited by M G at April 10, 2014 3:23 PM BST
    • 143 posts
    April 10, 2014 4:42 PM BST
    Thank You Madeleine - your thoughts are very coherent and quite strong. This site is a place, as you note, to explore one's feelings, search for oneself, connect with others, communicate when and where needed, ask questions, find support, and find balance. When I came to this site, it was the exact moment I needed to find it - to find others with similar feelings, thoughts - to realize I'm not the only one. To be able t have a voice, to be heard, to find others like oneself, to be told that 'you're okay' has no true measure of value. It is like placing a value on friendship. This site can be a help in so many ways as you note - any question that a girl has - someone has asked before and there are many here to offer ideas. Our community is only as strong as we make it and it is reflected in this site - therefore it is critical that each of us tries to find some means or ways to support this place in some capacity. One of the things I have found is that to be happy and to make things happen a girl has to do it - it all comes from within. All of us - together : )