Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Welcome new members » Late hello from Samantha

Late hello from Samantha

Tags : None
  •  

I logged on a little while ago and it occured to me I'd never said a decent hello to everybody here. Even though it seems like it was six months ago or longer when I joined. I apologize to all of you. I'm Samantha Byrne Leyte and I'm a drag queen. I don't do standup,acting or song and dance,mainly because I stutter and stammer. I play guitar on a '52 Les Paul. My music has been played on SIRIUSXM and I've been published about 15 times as a writer in Perfect Sound Forever(NYC)and our own Frock was kind enough to publish me in two issues. I am very fascinated with the comportment and costumerie of females and I like men and women. I own 7 big hair B-52 wigs and when I was like 7 or 8 I used to see The Ronetttes,Martha & The Vandellas and The Shangri Las on Shindig and Hullabaloo. That's what I wanted to look like. I was fascinated with your typical 1964 or 1965 beauty parlor and I wished there was someway to go in there for the whole works when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I've been dressing all my life on and off and I had a platonic SO since I was 13 helped me with makeup and hosiery. She died in 2005. Basically,I'm a Tranny Rocker and I like blues,rockabilly,british invasion,garage rock,heavy rock,soul music,surf music,punk rock,girl groups,country music, I'm in my late fifties and I'm starting to get old,to tell you the truth. My eyesight is horrible and I've been having trouble doing my makeup. My nephew's SO has volunteered to do my makeup when I go out. I'm lucky she's going to help me out. So you leave Samantha's finishing school looking like Peg Bundy or Cousin Serena. Or Marianne and Ginger. Lee Grant. Anyway,hello to everybody!                          hugs,     salu,          Samantha Byrne Leyte

December 28, 2013 5:37 PM GMT
  • Hi Samantha,

It's great to see your post  and the sharin of  your love for music.  Perhaps you can share a link to

some of your music.

I love the 60's girls groups, classic blues, and groups like The Doors, Cream, Martha & the Vandellas,

Gladis Knight & the Pips, Janis Joplin and others.    My Blues addiction goes to Eric Clapton, BB King, Walter Trout,

John Lee Hooker, Steve Ray Vaughan and others.

One question: When you were younger, did you ever use your hairbrush as a pretend microphone and sing along with some of the Mowtown girls songs on the radio? I did!!

Only wish there was much more opportunity to hear live music, as most clubs, etc are now dominated by D.J.'s.

Hope you have a Happy and musical new year!

Michelle Lynn

This post was edited by Former Member at December 28, 2013 7:45 PM GMT
      December 28, 2013 7:44 PM GMT
  • Hi Michelle,No,I've been lazy and I haven't yet bothered with putting any of my music on a link. Which reminds me I'll have to do it and soon. And i notice you are a fan of some very fine music,Michelle. I've been trying to budget to buy some extra equipment so I can put together a new CD. I've got some other things going on. that could take a year or two

hugs,       nice to meet you,     Samantha

December 28, 2013 9:37 PM GMT
  • Hi Michelle,No,I've been lazy and I haven't yet bothered with putting any of my music on a link. Which reminds me I'll have to do it and soon. And i notice you are a fan of some very fine music,Michelle. I've been trying to budget to buy some extra equipment so I can put together a new CD. I've got some other things going on. that could take a year or two

hugs,       nice to meet you,     Samantha

December 28, 2013 9:37 PM GMT