Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Just Published My Teen Trans Novel

Just Published My Teen Trans Novel

Tags : None
  • *removed my post about the book*  

I'm unsure how to delete the post.  It wasn't my intention to make anyone upset.  Sorry again, bye =( ~~Elise

This post was edited by Elly Waltz at February 3, 2014 12:44 AM GMT
      January 26, 2014 11:54 PM GMT
  • It's a pitythat there isn't a audiobook version, sigh.
      January 27, 2014 12:40 PM GMT
    5 2127 2‚ 0

Elly, please tell me you haven't joined us just so you could advertise your book!

Katie

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      January 27, 2014 3:03 PM GMT
  • Suzy Russell said:
    It's a pitythat there isn't a audiobook version, sigh.

Thanks for the hat compliment =).  The wind seems to like it too as it tried to snatch it the other day.  Sorry no audiobook, people say I have a soothing therpaist voice and I don't want to put people to sleep hehehe.

January 29, 2014 1:57 AM GMT
  • Katie Glover said:

Elly, please tell me you haven't joined us just so you could advertise your book!

Katie

Sorry if my post bothers you =(  I don't expect to make really any money with it, but really just hoping it can be of help to those in their teens or just starting out.  There isn't much out there for teens that isn't told from a non trans character's perspective and a lot of movies out there tend to have depressing endings.  Right now I'm working on reaching not for profit places to have it as a resource book and to get school libraries to carry it.  To do that, I need to get the word out about it.  Hope you will understand =)

January 29, 2014 2:03 AM GMT
  • I think what's worrysome about the thread is not so much about money as it is about posting with intent to gain without permission. If your book is meant for teens as you say then it has no real value here. This is an adult site. Gender Society is not a resource for teens who are not of legal status and you are promoting a book without consent. We kinda frown on that here. Please contact Katie at your earliest convenience.

This post was edited by Former Member at January 29, 2014 3:04 AM GMT
      January 29, 2014 3:02 AM GMT
    5 2127 2‚ 0

I have to agree with Chrissy.  It's nice to ask before posting ads and as Chrissy pointed out, your target audience is sadly missing from this community so if you've only come here to peddle your book then you have nothing to gain.

Can I suggest that you start over?  Let's remove the ad and then, see if you can take part in this community properly, without trying to use us for your own personal reward.  If you're up for that then I think you may have a future here but if not, you've come to the wrong place.

Best, Katie

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      January 29, 2014 12:37 PM GMT