voice training

• 9 posts
    February 1, 2014 12:15 PM GMT

Hi all 

ive got a problem, my voice is deep and i have trouble trying to feminize it, can any of you girls give me any tips and advice.

also are there any dvds or cds you could recommend .

thanks x

• February 1, 2014 7:10 PM GMT

Hi Tina.

You most likely do not want to hear this from me as I have had this discussion on here before , the thread ended when I said in not so many words give up or I will post my next post in Dutch .

I do not know your history or where you are heading in your transition , by that I mean full time , you maybe now for all I know.

My voice! I use my natural voice , it is not deep and I can change it . I went for voice therapy and the mad woman asked me who I wanted to sound like! After about one whole second of thought I said "Well I really want to sound like me" She said how about Joanna Lumley (don't know if that is the correct spelling) My response was , you mean like go around doing impressions of Joanna Lumley? The whole conversation was a bit demented in my opinion , I did tell her I do not want to sound like you , she replied why not? I had to tell her that her voice was deeper than my own.

I get by fine using my natural voice , that maybe because I don't care whether anyone knows I am Transexual , if they don't I soon make them aware of it but that is just the way I am.

I do understand the need for others to change thier voice though like you want to or need to. I don't know if this will work for you or it maybe just me but , there is a certain song , it is a few years old now and it starts off with a genetic female talking. I am always going around with songs in my head and sometimes I let them out to play . This song helped me as the speaking part at the begining is said slowly and I found I could copy it , I then started adding my own words instead of the song . Although I still use my natural voice I can switch it for pure entertainment reasons.

Take a look on youtube at the song , it is by All Saints and is called Never Ever , try the speaking part and if it does not sound right then put two fingers on your Adams apple and push it up a bit , you will then notice the tone of your voice change , if you try hard enough you can hold it there without the fingers but it takes practice.

Good luck and have fun but never give up . See you on X Factor soon .

Julia .

• March 15, 2014 2:59 PM GMT

Thanks for your YouTube suggestion. I will check it out.

In my recent week long foray to P-Town as a full time woman, I belive that I passed as an attractive styllish woman .....until I got into some extended conversations where my lightly trained feminine voice got lost in the discussion. It was interesting that in my initial contact with several individuals where they thought that I was a generic female, their response to me was pleasant and cordial.  However, after talking more extensively, they realized that I was male, and without exception they became much more friendly in a proper sort of way.  I thought this fascinating.

I have one thought problem  When I now go out I want to look and talk and carry myself in a classical feminine way. The problem is that, I expect that some men will like what they see and start expressing some romantic interest in me.  I am absolutely convinced that I would just love a romantic experience with a man, but I resolutely will not change my sex through surgery.  Thus, the dicotamy. I would feel very bad if a suitor thought I was a generic female when at the point of fulfillment, he found out otherwise.  Thus, I am wondering whether I should perhaps not try to be too sucessful in my voice conversion.

Just a thought.

Jacqueline