Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Spot the Undilberate mistake

Spot the Undilberate mistake

Tags : None
  • No its not a competition and if it were the only prize you would get would be an evening out with me worth £1.06p (Thats in GBP) .

Ok on the comments page there is an undiliberate mistake , it seems invisible to most but was put there for a reason.

So I will give you all 7 days to see if you can spot it.

So lets see who is the first one to spot it and leave your answers below please.

Terms and conditions apply: Your home is at risk if it is on a cliff. More so in the current weather conditions , or even if it is near a river : Not open to employees of GS or their familys or even their neighbours or even 5th cousin twice removed even if they were put back after being removed.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 6, 2014 10:26 PM GMT
      February 6, 2014 8:29 PM GMT
  • Hello Julia - I am from America so I do not know if my answer qualifies or not but here it is : undiliberate I find to be correctly spelled ( America that is ) as undeliberate, so I claim that to be the mistake. Thanks.
      February 6, 2014 8:41 PM GMT
  • Oh dear, I can't even seem to find the comments page....

February 6, 2014 8:48 PM GMT
  • Hello again - I am with Sarah and am not sure what the 'comments' page is exactly so I assumed at first it is the page at start up with our running comments and posts - but perhaps that is the trick here? If not, could it be the 'forum page' - I note an oddity - all forum sections Julia did in the past are listed as 'Former Member' now, such as 'Ralationships' one ( note sure if it was intentionally written wrongfully either ). 
    thanks
      February 6, 2014 8:52 PM GMT
  • Hello Julia - Another try at it - there are at least two apostrophes missing in your statment ( lets should be let's, for example ). Is this the answer?
    thanks
      February 6, 2014 8:54 PM GMT
  • No Briana it is not my mistake! Ignore my spelling it is something about the GS page , yes the first page you see when you log in. The home page / Comments page

I always smell thongs wong . I type in a hurry just in case I die or something before I finish.

Julia x

February 6, 2014 9:02 PM GMT
  • Ah, I see now! Okay, I'm off to take a look....

This post was edited by Former Member at February 6, 2014 9:25 PM GMT
      February 6, 2014 9:25 PM GMT
  • Under Network stats there is 3 u and around 190 i ? is that it?

February 6, 2014 9:32 PM GMT
  • I see the same u and i things but not the same values - I see 3 u, but only 173 i - I do not know what either is however. 
      February 6, 2014 9:35 PM GMT
  • You're right Briana, it is 173 i, I had a short term memory failure. This, as well as a short term memory failure meant I put the wrong number. Wink

This post was edited by Former Member at February 6, 2014 9:57 PM GMT
      February 6, 2014 9:57 PM GMT
  • Sarah and Briana! Are you getting warm? I am not saying yet . And the Undeliberate mistake is not me my Mother made it clear 6 million times I was a mistake. I blame my Father he should have used a condom but if he had you would not be reading this Smile.

Julia x

February 6, 2014 10:23 PM GMT
  • Perhaps the path at present is a red herring, but maybe not - I right clicked the page and saw a statement - 'translate to English' - odd I thought, so why not and surprise surprise, the 3 u turns into  3 and,mt the u becomes and,mt - do not know what this means, but still interesting nonetheless. 
    All the more surprising is the fact that no other term changes other than this one. This post was edited by Briana Purcell at February 6, 2014 11:59 PM GMT
      February 6, 2014 11:47 PM GMT
  • Hello - Any news or clues? I'm still looking but still haven't opened this one yet...
      February 13, 2014 8:10 PM GMT
  • Hello - Hello - Still the mystery persists - no clues and no news - ?
      February 17, 2014 9:11 PM GMT
  • Sorry it has taken so long to respond to this , I should also say sorry for misleading you but it was an attempt to draw your attention to something.

If your car was running on empty then what would you do just let it run out of fuel? Of course not you would fill it up. After you have filled it up what is the next thing you do? Well unless you intend to drive off without paying then you would pay for your fuel.

Most of the time this website is running on empty.

How would you feel if one day you woke up and tried to log in and you just got "web page cannot be displayed"?. GS Gone , just not here anymore??.

Now I am not saying this will happen but it has come very close to it more than once. You pay for your Computers and other devices and you also pay for your service provider yet most members here think the best things in life come free! Sorry but this is the real world and they don't come free. I cannot believe that most members who use this site so much cannot contribute towards the cost of running it.

It is not my place to do this but after finding out something I felt I had to because I care about this place I owe it a lot.

So I misled you , the only Undeliberate mistake made on the home page was the DONATE BUTTON Katie's mistake was making it so small , it should be made bigger or even flash and if I had my way make it come out and slap you in the face but again that costs more money (apart from the face slap).

Briana! This was not aimed at you but thank you it was aimed at the non paying members. Sarah! Thank you too for playing along but , I have noticed your post in the "Spend a whole week as a woman" Thread! That will never happen because of the expense , it would have cost you close to a 4 figure sum in GBP yet I notice you are a basic member , no person can force you to pay or any member everyone is welcome but , willing to pay for that week? Sorry cannot get my head around that but it is your choice.

This website is running on empty! If it is that important to ALL MEMBERS then please just consider what you have here "A unique place" Katie told me it is to easy for anyone to set up a place like this now and I told her she is wrong it can never get this good but it can get better and that costs money.

http://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/9536/make-the-effort

I will say sorry once again about the way I went about this but I will not apologise for posting it.

Take care all , Julia x.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 21, 2014 9:49 PM GMT
      February 21, 2014 9:46 PM GMT
  • Hello Julia - Thank You for the notice for all of us and the manner in which you posted it in the forum. You are indeed right that  we should all try if possible to contribute when and where possible. Actually I find your method very inventive. Kudos to you. We want to be here and take time to be here, why not make here possible. Katie should make it very conspicuous - maybe we can have a drive with a goal and the like and a bar that shows progress towards it ? Perhaps a forum on how to drum up contributions and the like? Just ideas. 
      February 21, 2014 11:59 PM GMT
  • Thank's for that Briana I could have done this in a better way though I think. Trying to get peoples attention on here is hard work but that maybe because it is me posting it but when I look at Cristines post I think why would people ignore her plea? And Katie has made plea's too. Katie is a very proud person she is also a very gratefull one and so is Cristine. Myself? Yes I consider myself to be proud and gratefull too just not very much liked on here , that is down to my honesty though and some just cannot handle the truth . I am not going to lie though just to try to fit in here.

I like your idea's and I have sent Katie some of my own even when I have not been a member , I could see her plea on the home page as a non member , I could see a lot of things as a non member which is another thing that needs to be sorted out in the future.

Fact is you cannot get blood from a stone! There seems to be to many stones on hereLaughing I have noticed another basic member since my last post wanting to spend a small fortune on Katie's topic "Spend a whole week as a woman" Yet if this website were not here they would not even be able to respond to it let alone think about going.

Maybe Katie should put something like this on the home page (adding image)

Take care and it is people like you that keep this place ticking over , and yes that is all it is doing , it is running on empty.

Julia :)

This post was edited by Former Member at February 22, 2014 6:22 PM GMT
      February 22, 2014 6:22 PM GMT
  • I am sorry you find my presence here offensive. I will leave.

February 22, 2014 10:33 PM GMT
  • Sarah I do not find your presence here offensive it is the opposite. Everyone is welcome here it is just a fact of life that things cost money.

You leaving will not solve it will it? If you like being here then just at some point consider becoming a full member , it does not have to be today or next week or month.

I actually think you have a lot to offer this website . This is not aimed at just you less than 2% of members do not contribute towards its running costs.

Take care , Julia x

This post was edited by Former Member at February 22, 2014 10:53 PM GMT
      February 22, 2014 10:49 PM GMT
  • Okay, I understand things cost money, it's just that, at the moment I'm unemployed, because I was made redundant and I cannot afford even the small amount you're asking for. I would gladly pay when I am able for full membership as I actually quite like this site.
      February 22, 2014 11:33 PM GMT
  • Hi Sarah. I do understand and the most important thing for us all to understand is that we are all equal . Our circumstances maybe different but we are all equal and all welcome here. It is good you like this site it is the best it gets compared to other trans sites.

I wish you all the best in your search for employment and I did mean it when I said you have a lot to offer this place.

Just one thing though! I am not asking you for anything , this was just my way of trying to help keep this place going , it has meant a lot to myself and many others over the years and I do not want to see it die as I am sure you don't .

Take care and again all the best , Julia x

February 23, 2014 12:06 AM GMT
  • Can someone tell me what happened over the last 2-3 years to the membership of the GS.  The present number of full members in the U.S. between age of 30-80 appears to be less than 30. The member entries on the members portion of the site in forums are all very old.  Not to many years ago the activity on the site in chat rooms and forums was very high with many great threads in many forums.  Could the decline have happened at the time of the membership price increase.  Could someone tell me what the full membership price is for a new member.  Perhaps the price increase is the answer.  Does anyone have answers?

March 15, 2014 4:49 AM GMT
  • Firstly Jacqueline this is all about money and members not willing to part with it. I suggested to Katie to make basic membership trial only maybe a month or two , then if members wanted to stay they had to pay up or their account is closed. Katie told me she had thought of that but she said she needed the traffic . I personally think that non paying traffic is slowing this place down and brings a lot of nonsense to this website but that is just my opinion.

I think the main problem is the home page/comments page. That is now the main part of this website but everything that is posted on it has gone in a day or two , that is where things have gone wrong  , again that is just my opinion but if it went back to the old page the forums would be used more and topics would stay there.

I cannot answer anything about the chat room as I have never entered it but I can guess who the most talked about member is.

I also brought another point to Katies attention , there were members on here with a full membership who were not actually full members , whether she has cured that problem I have not asked her yet but if it has not been cured then it needs to be.

You care about this website as do many others but it is a sad fact of life that if something is offered for free it will be abused and used. I care about this website as you do and although members here think I am some kind of monster at least I give it a bit of life.

The decline is not down to the cost of membership! It is as I said all about parting with money. I see some stupid things on here sometimes like in the testimonail thread Katie posted. Three comments with one member saying she is proud to be a full member! How thick are some members? That member is a basic member there is nothing full about it apart from full of Bull Sh#t in posting a comment like that. I am sure some people wake up everyday and leave their brains in bed.

Take care , Julia .

There are far to many of these here too.

This post was edited by Former Member at March 15, 2014 10:50 AM GMT
      March 15, 2014 10:44 AM GMT
  • Hi Julia-

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.  There are a few people in the GS who really appreciate the site and want to bring it back to its past glory and usefulness.  I agree with virtually everything that you state with the exception of the price of Full Membership.  Can you tell me what it currently is.  I agree that somepeople do not want to pay for anything, but I believe that price does make a difference.  As I recall we lost a lot of full members within a year after the price increased by (I think) a factor of two.  This occurred shortly before the time that the website format changed. 

I am not puzzled by the low traffic in the Full Members Forums, because there seems to be few full members now.  I am puzzled by the low traffic in the Basic Members Forums. Do you know whether basic members can freely make comments in the General Forum.  Do you know whether they can do member searches, although; the search engine in its present form is virtually worthless since one cannot do local area searches.

Let's get some more people into this dialog, because these are solvable problems.  We need to get the site back to a very useful format so that people will be convinced that they are getting "a bang for their bucks".

With my best thoughts.

Jacqueline

March 15, 2014 2:35 PM GMT
  • Hi Jacqueline.

I pay my subscription monthly which jumped up this month because of an administration fee , not from my bank but from the people who collect the money for GS from my bank . This month I was charged £6.00 GBP That is at todays rate 9 Dollars 97 cents USD.

In less 12 months I have donated enough to pay for life time membership via other methods . I am not rich but I like you care about whether this place keeps going.

Basic members get virtually the same as we do that is the problem as I see it , they think why pay when its free! They are limited to the amount of PM's they can send (6 per 24 hours) and cannot access the Elite forum , anything else maybe Cristine can answer . She has devoted so much of her life to this site and knows more than I do. I know one fact that Katie told me that shocked me but I will not post it here for all to see.

This thread was just a vain attempt to bring attention to the fact that this place costs money to run , members do not in my opinion leave just because of a small price increase . I think the format is the reason or one of them. Members do not read these forums much. If you see a thread has had 1000 views then most of those views are from people looking in from outside , I would say only 10% of views are from members.

This is the only decent trans website that allows the rest of the world to see what we are talking about , they watch us like they are studying us , if there are 10 members on line then there will be 150 (estimate) non members watching these forums. Other sites will not allow that , you have to join to read the forums , it is possible to read most of the content on the home page/comments page without being a member too , there is not much here that is private , it is making paying a bit pointless to those who do not care about the site.

Take care , Julia

March 15, 2014 4:07 PM GMT