Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Thank You Mother.

Thank You Mother.

Tags : None
  • This Sunday just gone was Mothers day. My Mother died years ago.

I spent it in hospital and it made me think , seeing all of those people coming to visit their Mothers. So here is my Thank You to my Mother.

Thank You Mother for giving birth to me , it was not my choice , I was not consulted.

Thank you Mother for the broken bones and cuts and bruises you inflicted on me as a child.

Thank you Mother for never once telling me that you loved me or even hugged me at an age I can remember.

Thank you Mother for the Birthday and Christmas presents I never received , it was so much fun watching my brothers and sister open theirs.

Thank you Mother that when I grew older and had money for pretending you cared so I paid the bills for you.

Thank you Mother after I had paid those bills so many times for putting my bags on the door step.

And just one last thank you Mother. Thank you so much for teaching me that love is much better than hate. It has made me the strong independant woman I am Today .

Through all of the above I never stopped loving you , yet I had every right to hate you. You may aswell have just named me Sue , then Johnny Cash could have written a song about me.

Your Daughter Julia x

This post was edited by Former Member at April 1, 2014 11:43 PM BST
      March 31, 2014 5:43 PM BST
    Don't know appropriate words here. Just a hug.
      March 31, 2014 5:54 PM BST
  • She made me who I am Madeleine. I don't accept sympathy or seek it but I will accept your hug.

Gotta go . Take care ,Hugz Julia :)

March 31, 2014 6:01 PM BST
    It need not be sympathy, just caring : )
      March 31, 2014 7:08 PM BST
  • I know you Madeleine and I know it was not sympathy. I just do not need it from anyone it was not my point. Caring is different , it is what life is all about and the post was about , or in my case the lack of care or love.

Take care , Julia : )

March 31, 2014 7:36 PM BST
  • I have just removed most of the post above. I could have wriiten pages. Here is the reason I removed what I wrote. Although my Mother never even tried to understand why , I in her eyes was differentOn refection she did do one thing , she called upon me in her final years. I will never know if that was because she did finally care or , because she knew I would come to her when others would not . I will give her the benefit of the doubt as she cannot answer now.

Another reason is I have no idea when I will die , if I do die and leave the post then I cannot amend it. Unlike my family I have a conscience . Maybe she loved me but just could not show it because she never understood me. I will never know will I? .

Julia.

April 2, 2014 12:01 AM BST
  • No, Julia, you never will know.   Maybe, though,  she did give you something, indirectly, through her treatment of you.

That something being the fortitude and courage that have made you the real person you are right now!

April 3, 2014 11:47 AM BST