Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Deutsches Forum » Heeft u de zorg in Nederland?

Heeft u de zorg in Nederland?

Tags : None
  • Hallo , I kan op een hand tellen hoeveel Engels sprekende leden die de zorg over deze forums. Misschien moeten we allamaal proberen een taal te leven in hen te brengen.

Just me.

This post was edited by Former Member at June 20, 2014 9:18 PM BST
      June 4, 2014 10:08 PM BST
    Ok Julia, here's my best interpretation:
    "Do you care in the Netherlands? Hello, I can count on one hand how many English speaking members care about these forums. Maybe we should all spend time trying to liven them up in a different language"
    Am I close?
    I think I can count more than would fit one one hand. I'm sure I'd need at least two!
    : ) This post was edited by M G at June 5, 2014 4:23 AM BST
      June 5, 2014 4:21 AM BST
    I love the sound of Dutch language too. Too bad I can't hear it.
    : )
      June 5, 2014 4:23 AM BST
  • Not bad Madeleine , close . If you want to hear it just type it into Google translate , then click on the speaker icon and a nice female voice will say it , you can listen over and over and eventually pick up the language.

I locked my French teacher in the store cupboard after school and left him in there because he insisted I need to learn French . I did not need to , I visited the country once and would never return. The Netherlands is a beautiful country as so is the langauge , it is kind of similar to German but is gentle , I always think German sounds aggressive.

So how many fingers do you have on one hand? I have 4 fingers and one thumb on one of mine. I was refering to creating a topic not just making the occasional response . I was looking back on some old topics yesterday thinking maybe it is me , meaning me being the one who created a topic for it to just die but , I noticed one posted by Crissie! The topic had one response , then I noticed one by Katie! No response.

This is not the place for this! Just another feeble attempt to get these forums going with fresh subjects. We need the past to learn from but we also need to move forward. I have said in the past we are the slowest evolving species on this planet , now its grinding to a halt , if we go any slower we will be going backwards.

Again , this is not the place for this but , if I log in here with songs like this in my head before I log out it just makes me think why is that song in my head?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dt79h2tsb4g Vevo link not working , this will do just poor quality but same song

Take care , Just me .

This post was edited by Former Member at June 20, 2014 9:19 PM BST
      June 5, 2014 9:40 AM BST
    That's a beautiful song. Kinda sad tho.
      June 5, 2014 10:19 AM BST
  • I'm curious as to why you're writing Dutch in the German forum!
    xx
    This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at June 5, 2014 12:00 PM BST
      June 5, 2014 11:58 AM BST
  • Well Lucy there is no forum for the Netherlands and Dutch is the closest language to German and I don't want to learn German, plus I have seen posts here in the past about Amsterdam. Does not matter anyway but thank you for your response .

PS : For anyone! My line about the German language sounding aggressive! It was not a dig at it , it just does sound that way to me.

Take care , Just me

This post was edited by Former Member at June 20, 2014 9:19 PM BST
      June 5, 2014 3:04 PM BST
  • It's funny, most dutch people I know don't like their language as they think it sounds horrible! I personally don't think it sounds anything like German myself though, but maybe it does if you don't speak either language. 

As for German sounding aggresive, yes it can sound that way which is why there are several words in everyday use which serve no purpose or have any real meaning other than to soften the sentence so it sounds less like an order. 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      June 14, 2014 3:36 PM BST
  • Kind of agree, Nikki. The Dutch people I've met have been the nicest people in the world, but I'm not keen on the sound of their language. Prefer German I think, but maybe knowing a bit more of that helps.
    Now the Italian language... Bellissimo!
    xx
      June 14, 2014 4:03 PM BST
  • Die Vorraussetzung, Niederländisch bzw. Flämisch sprechen zu können, ist eine schwere Halsentzündung!

"It ain't what you do,it's the way that you do it............and that's what gets results!"
      June 20, 2014 7:02 PM BST

This post was edited by Former Member at June 20, 2014 9:06 PM BST
      June 20, 2014 9:03 PM BST
  • lynn harvey said:

Die Vorraussetzung, Niederländisch bzw. Flämisch sprechen zu können, ist eine schwere Halsentzündung!

If that is true then how is it they have such beautiful singing voices? . I will not be responding to this again. Comparing Flemish to Dutch is crazy , they are the same language.

June 20, 2014 9:09 PM BST
  • Indeed Lynn, kind of guttural aren't they. I always thought a more appropriate spelling for Flemish would be - Phlegmish.
    xx
      June 21, 2014 1:11 AM BST