Hello ! *echo*

Tags : None
  • Hi,

I had a friend who was trans. She took her life in APril 2013. I promised to stay connected to the community so this is one way for me to. I traveled a long road to get here, but I am here! I am married almost 2 years, that's been a challenge and in no way on our account but from grief brought on from other people. My spouse and I are women. *harrr harrr* I have a PhD in Math, I design control systems for aircraft and I am currently working on my own project for which I have funding. Me luvs self employs mmhhhmm! I am tall 6' weich 182 lbs, average build..and incredibly intimidating! If only I had a septer...Kneeeeeel! (lol) My spouse is working on her PhD in psychology and her focus is gender issues. 

My heart goes out to transgender mtf and ftm. I dont refer to anyone as trans I only refer as man or woman cause its someone elses label which I think is unfair and marginalizes people who are tagged with that/those labels. I think we are all defined by what we do arent we? I am a scientist not a damn lesbian...yeah you get my point! I think transexuals in the US should be allowed some protectin, taser, bear spray, or even a firearm...I have all three! Bring it! Or maybe have gigantic genetically engineered 300lb dogs with great white shark teeth for protection :D!

Okay this is my nutty intro...gona leave you with a stunning image! *hugs* 

June 30, 2014 8:52 PM BST
  • Hi Luthien, I'm sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the site, it's a good place with good people. Hope to see you around the site and maybe get to know you.

Briana Lynn
      June 30, 2014 11:44 PM BST
  • Love it, I may have to borrow that picture!
    It's really nice to meet you Lúthien, enjoyed your humour and your wise words. Great to have you on the site. Hope you post some more, there's lots in the forums to go at.
    xx
      July 1, 2014 12:57 AM BST
  • Welcome to the site and I love the picture.  So true.  I hope you don't mind if I post thei picture on my Facebook and Google?
      July 1, 2014 4:56 AM BST
  • Hi girls :) Please use the picture! I think you all are beautiful! I'm having a late night veggie drink snack. I started a raw food diet and I am feeling so good already! Have a good night :)

July 1, 2014 5:07 AM BST
  • Hello Luthien - Great post and it is a pleasure to meet you. Wishes for great success in your project. Looking forward to seeing you around the site and getting to know you. hugs, Briana : )
      July 1, 2014 11:42 AM BST
    Speaking of echoes, I'd like to echo the sentiments of the other girls and welcome you here. Great post, you brought a smile to my face.
    : )
      July 1, 2014 12:53 PM BST
  • Madeleine Grant said:
    Speaking of echoes, I'd like to echo the sentiments of the other girls and welcome you here. Great post, you brought a smile to my face. : )

This is great news indeed! I love to make people smile. My aunt said to me : "if you want to wear that name, you have a lot to live up to. You want to wear the name "blessed" then you must live a life dedicated to blessing the lives of others, because what you give to others comes back to you threefold. understand this.  the names we take are more important than you know, their meanings are important, and that particular name comes with certain obligations and responsibilities, all valar names do."

I chose my name well. I understand my purpose in life, which is a blessing for anyone to have. I never realized what an impact I have on people until I awoke. Now, eventhough I am careful who I befriend, I do enjoy being the light in someones life, or bringing a smile to strangers. I am the one who blesses. :)

July 1, 2014 2:07 PM BST