Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Good Morning » Chauvinism from a transexual frame of reference.

Chauvinism from a transexual frame of reference.

Tags : None
  • Male chauvinism. My personal experience as a transgendered man has been at times quite frustrating, thought provoking and sometimes demeaning when out dressed. I find I am treated quite differently. Men pull out a chair, open doors which can be very pleasant but then I get treated like a blonde bimbo, I get talked over or my contribution to conversation treated with deference to greater male knowledge. I am therefore left to or expected to join the girls if there are any, if not I am either excluded to some lesser or greater extent or if I am fortunate chatted up.  This experience lends me to greater understanding of the feminist point of view.  I therefore take it as a back handed compliment in that I think I am being treated as I perceive a biological female.  Does anyone else experience the same?

July 5, 2014 10:01 PM BST
  • Moderator, please delete this thread as it has been duplicated. I've just posted the first response in the other version!
    Thanks.
    xx
      July 5, 2014 11:13 PM BST