Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » Hairloss Concerns

Hairloss Concerns

Tags : None
  • Friend asked me to check for her:

Could you check to see if any t-girls you know take Provera (medroxyprogesterone) and if they experienced any thinning of hair?  I read that it could cause hair to become thin and more fine.  Also it seems that takin progesterone is optional for hrt.  I'm wondering if I should cut back on progesterone and increase estrogen.  I currently take 4mg oral estrodiol and 5mg provera (medroxyprogesterone) orally a day, and 100mg spiro
     I'm too scared to stop, don't want to lose my hair

[This person has been on hormones for years and needs to stop for medical-insurance reasons (AT LEAST UNTIL AFTER SOME SURGERY)as they do not live in a T - friendly state in the USA.]

GS never recommends taking hormones without medical supervision.

"A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
    This post was edited by wendy larsen at January 19, 2016 8:38 AM GMT
      July 30, 2014 9:59 PM BST
  • Not only hair loss, but increased body hairs!!!  Use Dutasteride to stop T turning into DHT, which is the nasty form of T that is primarily responsible for male hair loss....from what i've learned, there is no real need to use progesterone....and spiro ought not be needed after a period since the E ought to drive down your T levels by itself to reasonable levels.

Hope this is helpful...

Traci xoxo

<p>Traci</p>
      August 11, 2014 11:57 PM BST
  • Traci,

after passing on your DHT related info I am hearing a lot of that from my friend.  Seems like your advice has stimulated more research on their part into that issue and has been helpful.

"A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      October 8, 2014 2:11 AM BST
  • Hope it helps Wendy!!!

xoxo

<p>Traci</p>
      October 8, 2014 5:18 AM BST
  • personally, I go with micronised progesterone. Dutasteride is the goto DHT blocker, but micronised progesterone does as well at that and "potentially" other benefits. Everything has pros and cons. 

October 8, 2014 12:51 PM BST
  • Becky, I know a few girls who have used progesterone (micronized) that saw increased rapid body hair growth from it's usage...

Traci

<p>Traci</p>
      October 9, 2014 2:05 AM BST
  • I dont doubt that Traci - there is a whole gamut of reported reactions and side effects to all of the medications we use. There is no concensus on its usefullness - but some people love it, others think it a waste of time and money.

One other point on DHT blocking worth mentioning - an initial thinning of hair is normal...you will shed hair, especially on Duterasteride. It will grow back though - you just have to grin and bear it for the long term benefits

This post was edited by Becky DQ at October 9, 2014 5:42 AM BST
      October 9, 2014 5:23 AM BST
  • So True Becky!  I did shed with Dutas. and have regrown nicely!

Traci xoxo

<p>Traci</p>
      October 9, 2014 5:55 AM BST
  • Thanks girls.   Will probably see you in January, Traci.  Trip is in early planning stages on both sides.  Same place as last time.  We will be going out of town/state but I will try very hard.

November 27, 2014 8:10 AM GMT
  • Give me enough lead time and we'll hopefully get togther!

Traci xoxo

<p>Traci</p>
      November 27, 2014 7:19 PM GMT