Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » Decapeptyl as part of HRT

Decapeptyl as part of HRT

Tags : None
  • 1 146

Hi 

I have been prescribed Decapeptyl by my Endocrinolgist as part of my HRT and transition treatment.

Just A post to ask if any of you MTFs have had experience of this ?, . I had the injection  6 days ago.

The injection is to cover the next 3 months before i see the Endocrinologist again

Seems fine I just got more mellow now and feel kinda warm inside.first few days i got really angsty, but this seems to have gone now (I hope).

I read the web  entries fro decapeptyl , but these relate  to its conventional use , and not part of Transgender Hormone Therapy.

I did read that there may be an ititial Testosterone boost , before  the desired effect of lowering the testosterone takes place.

I am on Oestrodot Patches.

<p>Donna_V</p>
      August 4, 2014 8:22 PM BST
  • I have been having them for years Donna. If you have never seen the needle ask to see it if you dare. I asked why it hurt so much? I was told it was my fault because I have no meat on me. I have never had any bad side effects just an ache in the area after the jab for the rest of the day.

I am now going to add an image of some blood results. This is from a couple of years ago and as you can see my testostorone is as low as low can be. Personal details are removed.

Take care , Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at August 4, 2014 10:39 PM BST
      August 4, 2014 10:36 PM BST
  • Hi Donna, I have been prescribed it too, and have had 2 injections so far and the next at the end of this month. I haven't noticed any adverse effects so far. When I had the first one, I was also given a 10 day course of cyproterone to counteract the "spike". All this has had the overall desired effect of reducing T levels to virtually nil. Xx
      August 5, 2014 7:29 AM BST
  • 1 146

Thanks Julia ,Emma for replies

Fortunately I have always had a good bit of Rump for injections. I caught a glimpse of the needle it was about 5 cm  or 2 inches. Only initial pain . I will be checked up in 6 weeks time.  

Donna XX

<p>Donna_V</p>
      August 5, 2014 1:01 PM BST
  • Hi Donna.

I have one here ready to be injected in about 2 weeks. It is not so much the length of the needle it is how thick it is , it is like a dartYell I am used to them now though. I can remember the first one I had and the nurse done the one thing she should not have , she took her time. I have 11.25mg , in the pack is a powder and a liquid. They have to be mixed and used immediatly or it will solidify , that is why the needle is thick as it is like syrup once mixed. The best thing I have noticed since starting them way back is my hair. At my age not even a trace of baldness! In actual fact it grows way to fast and costs me more in hair stylists now.

I remember having a rumpSmile 16 and a half stone then and now under 10 stone needing a belt to hold up my size 10 jeans.

Take care . Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at August 5, 2014 2:11 PM BST
      August 5, 2014 2:10 PM BST