Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Significant Others Info » DH is going through gender confusion

DH is going through gender confusion

Tags : None
This topic has been closed.
  • Hi Miranda;

Hold on tight, I'm sure the journey will hold a few surprises for  both of you. I wish you both all the best. remember we are here if either one of you need anything.

xx

marissa

September 5, 2014 2:36 PM BST
  • Miranda, Elizabeth - oh how I wish the very best for you both.  May it be that you have a long, loving and wonderful relationship that is fulfilling for both of you.

We'll wlways be hear to listen and help if you can,

Love, Amanda.

September 5, 2014 3:11 PM BST
  • All seems to be extremely rushed to me.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      September 7, 2014 2:51 PM BST
  • Rushed is an understatement Crissie.

First post 12th August 2014.

21st August therapist diagnosed gender dysphoria in one appointment.

3rd Sept 2014 prescribed hormones.

Wow! Now now that is a record.

Has anyone here realised that is about 3 weeks? So from being confused to being diagnosed and being prescribed hormones in just 3 weeks.

Then I see Marissa having to wait over a month just to get a first appointment.

So I done some research all about Kaiser Medi-cal none of this is possible.

Kaiser is for low income individuals or family's. I went to north California's link and read through what they provide , none of the above comes into it as covered by them. At no point in this thread has it been mentioned that this is out of Kaiser's hands and been refered as private. Then there is the fact that in this thread it is stated that private treatment is not affordable anyway.

Well this all fooled me up untill the point where the diagnosis came so fast then the doubts kicked in straight away.

Would somone like to explain please? I know I am not the only one who wants to know. If not I will place the links here so someone in the USA can come up with an explaination , I doubt there is one though.

Julia .

September 7, 2014 4:55 PM BST
  • Kaiser is NOT for low income. It is stupid expensive and a private medical place which is why only Elizabeth has it through work and the rest of us do have government insurance.

There is a law called covered California that requires insurance providers to cover these meds, as well as other various medications for low income families.

I am staring at two hormone bottles from the pharmacy with Anthony on them and the endocrinologists name on it. So if this isn't possible, why am I staring at it?

You can call shenanigans all you want and feel free to. This is all real. I'm living it. Whether I would like to be or not.

And if you had paid attention at all about my original post being a lie she told me about being confused. She was never confused. She "pretended" to be to see how much I would support and stay with. It was me who was told she was confused and me who wrote this original post under those pretenses.
      September 8, 2014 2:29 AM BST
  • Also, it would never have a reason to become out if Kaisers hands. Kaiser owns all it's offices, it's hospitals, everything. You stay in kaiser for every single medical need
      September 8, 2014 2:31 AM BST
  • I have removed the link to Kaiser! Please use your own search engine for: Kaiser Medical California , the facts are there.

It is not just this that has myself and others here wondering about this. As I stated it is the fact that all of this happened within a matter of just 3 weeks. "Any" Medical practice whether you pay a huge sum or a small sum would be and can find themselves in a lawsuit for gross malpractice if what you have stated in this thread is true. Kaiser would never risk their reputation and a huge lawsuit for prescribing hormones to an individual without going through months of therapy and psychological tests on a male to female trans patient. If what you have written here is true then Kaiser are putting themselves at risk for putting a patient at risk.

All myself and others here want to really know is how this was possible? . If this is all true then for the sake of the patient you need to seek a second opinion and then start a lawsuit against Kaiser for what most would consider medical malpractice.

This post was edited by Former Member at September 8, 2014 5:17 PM BST
      September 8, 2014 9:55 AM BST
  • Never seen this happen before.........

September 8, 2014 10:09 AM BST
  • What the Hell happened here

September 8, 2014 10:17 AM BST
  • I can't see any of the comments anymore....

September 8, 2014 4:28 PM BST
  • Ok, I can now. That was weird. Here is what has been told to is by the Drs with the questions I have asked.

Are you sure she is transgender? Dr response "yes, no doubt, I am sure"

Does she need to complete therapy while doing this?
    "There will be a few appts after hormones to see how she is doing and the year before she wants SRS (which the insurance covers as well) she will be seen more frequently. Otherwise she can be seen as she feels she needs to be"

What about RLT? Or having to complete 3 months if therapy before hormones?
    "That used to be the policy. About 1 year ago they changed it and found it to be unnecessary. That is not the case now. She doesn't have to do 1 year of RLT before SRS and doesn't have to do anything more for hormones" (obviously since we have hormones now)

All the stuff has changed. And she and the endo have made it sound like this is how they do it for everyone now.
      September 8, 2014 5:00 PM BST
  • She does have to see the endo evey month for bloodwork and what not
      September 8, 2014 5:07 PM BST
  • ALSO she doesn't have subsidized coverage from Kaiser. She has full coverage through work
      September 8, 2014 5:09 PM BST
  • I do not want this to decend into an arguement. If what you have stated is fact the person who prescribed the hormones is incompetent. After one appointment they are taking on the risk of turning a fit and sexually healthy male into an impotent male. I understand that your partner is trans but it has to carried out at a pace so as not to make any mistakes. Once those hormones are used for a period of time there is no turning back. No more children and even in some cases no more erection.

Can you see why this is hard to take in? Why would a medical professional risk that , it makes no sense .

Julia .

This post was edited by Former Member at September 8, 2014 5:36 PM BST
      September 8, 2014 5:35 PM BST
  • I do understand but I'm not sure what else I can say. If that's how they do it and two different drs in two different departments seem to be nonchalant about this, it must be something they do more than just for Elizabeth. And there isn't much I can do about it. Elizabeth is happy as a clam about having her hormones and is 100% going to transition, she's made up her mind in this.
      September 8, 2014 5:50 PM BST
  • And trust me, I understand the frustration with how fast this gets to happen for her. I have Medi-Cal and made a rheumatology appt for my arthristis and fibromyalgia back in May and am not being seen until December -_-
      September 8, 2014 5:54 PM BST
  • But anyways, I'm going to take this time to bow out of this site. Thank you to everyone for your advice, encouragement, and personal stories. You have helped me more than I could say and I appreciate my time here with you all. Take care ❤️
      September 8, 2014 6:02 PM BST
  • Most protocols you will find online are out dated when it comes to transgender . just from 2009 everything changed in the us and Miranda is right I have full coverage through kaiser and the recognize that gender disphoria is a true medical condition because of the massive amount of people the will hurt them selves because they would be refused treatment. All of my therapy, endo appointments are covered ( with the exception of co pay) my hormones are covered and my SRS bottom surgery is covered with electrolisis . a lot has changed in the more recent years. And I am 100% on all of this its who I am and always have been or I would not be taking the hormones. I have just had to keep it a secret or my "dark passenger ". But now that we have fully embrased my inner female I am 150% happier .
      September 8, 2014 6:04 PM BST
  • I wish you would reconsider leaving GS. We would be happy to help you in any way possible. If you find that leaving is your only option, I wish you both all the best and hope that your love for one another continues to grow.

xx

marissa

September 8, 2014 8:39 PM BST
  • I personally know 2 people who ended their transition within a year of starting hormones. They have reverted back to living life as males. I have also read many true story's of others that have done the same. For most it is not an easy ride and for a lot there is all kinds of of confusion going on in their lives.

For that reason many other things and possible conditions have to be ruled out by health care professionals , bipolar is just one example. I have not learnt this stuff from a search engine! I learnt it from doctors and others that have been through it.

It makes no odds to me what your health insurance covers you for but , it is my opinion and it is just my opinion that someone is making a big mistake here. Doctors are there to care for you , in the UK we call it a duty of care. It seems no doctor has even had a chance to think this through. By your own addmission you were diagnosed in one appointment! Sorry it cannot be done , not anywhere on this planet can a therapist diagnose you after one meeting and you do have to be diagnosed before any other professional can just hand out hormones . Most people on here and other trans sites who come from the US self medicate to start or still do. That is not a good idea for anyone. Some do it because they do not want others to know, others do it because they are just plain stupid , and some do it because it is not covered by insurance or it will make their insurance invalid.

You say you are sure! It is the doctors and others involved in your health that need to be sure , they are there to care for you not make mistakes and take risks with patients.

Again this is my opinion this has all happened way to fast for "Anyone" To be sure.

Julia .

September 8, 2014 9:02 PM BST
    Hi Miranda,
    Firstly let me say that I don't doubt a word that you have said.
    Secondly though I can really understand Julia's scepticism.
    You see, in the U.K. We have a saying which is "only in America!"
    For example, years ago, if we fell over a paving tile that was 1/8 of an inch higher than the rest we would pick ourselves up an tell ourselves to watch where we were going!
    Now, because of the American example, we would sue for £1000000!
    So, in terms of "only in America" it would now seem like Kaiser has invented the worlds first "drive thru" sex change!
    You see, I know who I am and I will be going to see my doctor straight after Christmas as we have a new grandchild coming soon and then Christmas itself , so I want to cause the least "upset"
    I know that I'll have to go through many questions, and many sessions etc, but I'm not worried 'cos I'll just answer them "as me" so I know they will see who I really am!
    I'm just a little worried that as Elizabeth has not gone through this, and believe me, I don't doubt her intentions for sure, but I think, just for your own peace of mind, you need to slow down a little and just go at your own pace.
    Love, as always, Linda xxxx
      September 8, 2014 9:34 PM BST
  • I will just add "My opinions" Are based on what is in front of me and some research. Give me a reason to prove I am wrong and I will admit I was wrong. Leaving this website will not give you or myself a chance at that.

For now untill I have good reason to come back to this topic I am out of it.

Julia .

September 8, 2014 9:47 PM BST
  • You say it cannot be done and it was done. The prescription hormones are from kaiser with all the medical numbers dr names refill dates EVERYTHING. I personally emailed her therapist and was told BY HER DR that she has no doubt Elizabeth is trans and has, in fact, diagnosed her as such. The endocronologist did her physical and blood work the Friday before last and made the prescription the following Tuesday after the results were in.

It happened. You can argue this until the world ends but it did. I'm not going to keep trying to convince you out life is true and out events are true. They are and you can do with that what you want. But I will not be arguing it anymore.

Here's one prescription. Peter is her first name. This post was edited by Miranda Thomas at September 8, 2014 10:10 PM BST
      September 8, 2014 9:58 PM BST
  • Miranda you are not understanding  our concerns, we don't have an axe to grind, it gets to the point when some of us just give up and don't give a toss, some of us have done it, speak from first hand experience, we get involved in these type of posts and get concerned, even our residental councellor Amanda showed concern over the speed of progress.   Three weeks, now on hormones, on a path of no return.   Your young, and I realy don't think you have taken it all in yourself, yet.   from the little I know of the laws in your state, a name change etc has to done before embarking on this treatment and done through the courts and in most states has to be published in local papers for 3 consecutive weeks.

good luck

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at September 8, 2014 10:16 PM BST
      September 8, 2014 10:11 PM BST
  • If the doctors who actually do this for a living say this is how it's done now then I will trust them. Elizabeth won't slow down, she wants to do this and that's that. And my last post was towards Linda for her saying she was filled and that all this isn't true.
      September 8, 2014 10:25 PM BST