Girl, woman....or both!

• 155 posts
    August 22, 2014 9:34 AM BST
    Hi everybody....just something on my mind! I'm 54 years old, and yet, I call myself a girl (and ALWAYS will!) so....I just wondered how many of you feel the same? I wonder.....is it because of the fact that I will NEVER have a womb or ovaries that I don't call myself a woman? Or is it because I think the word "girl" is sexier? I really don't know! I.know that within the next year or so that I will probably have a vaginoplasty but I will STILL refer to myself as a girl....that's just the way I like it.....your opinions will be greatly appreciatedI try to post things so that EVERYBODY can see my posts (apart from my P.M.s (of course lol) because, as a full member I could post on the "elite" (horrible term) members forum, but I think that it's good for ALL members to have access to general posts like this....so what do you all think about the girl/woman thing? xxxx
    • 1652 posts
    August 22, 2014 11:55 AM BST
    Girl or woman, either will do for me. Some feminists don't like being called girls, or ladies. When you've been on our side I think you are happy to be called any of the above; better than being called men.
    So I'm a woman, or a girl, or a lady, perhaps depending on the situation.
    xx
    • 30 posts
    August 22, 2014 12:30 PM BST

I'm sorta like Lucy.  I really don't care where I get pigeon-holed.   I am a 71 year old (non-op) Transgender female, 71 going on 17.  Puberty is so much fun.  Too bad I don't have the energy of my chemical age.  Really don't care what I'm called, as long as I get called.

Bobbi 

• 1195 posts
    August 23, 2014 5:52 PM BST
    I do get to read the forums once in a while.... love to add to this

my old father-in-law used to say " Call me anything just don't call me late for lunch."
    Words of wisdom - so to speak

I also consider it bad form to ask "race" on various applications. I usually cross out the choices and mark in
    HUMAN

xxxooo Gracie
    • 434 posts
    September 9, 2014 5:25 AM BST

Most of us have gone through "puberty" in male mode. Therefor, we did not have the opportunity to experiance that time of life as a female or at least in "female mode".  Since we missed that part of the female living experiance, there is nothing wrong with living it later in life - within reason of course. We deserve that necessary experiance as a girl - in order to progress through life as a woman.

I personally enjoy being a real "teaser".