What's the best lipstick colour/color?

• 2127 posts
    August 28, 2014 6:58 PM BST

What lipstick colour/color do you prefer?  I have a special reason for asking which I hope will become apparent soon.  For now though, it would be really helpful if you could tell me which is your fave.

Thanks, Katie   x

• 114 posts
    August 28, 2014 7:23 PM BST

baby pink!..light colours make lips look bigger x

This post was edited by Debbie Davies at August 28, 2014 7:23 PM BST
    • 1652 posts
    August 28, 2014 8:30 PM BST

Deep burgundy-red for the evenings, a paler more natural lip colour for daytime.
    Specifically, both Clinique Long Last - "Deep Lacquer" and "All Heart".
    Sometimes I get Body Shop  - "Garnet", which is almost the same shade as Deep Lacquer.
    Both brands stay on really well, and the colours work for me.
    xx

This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at March 17, 2015 3:56 PM GMT
    • 143 posts
    August 28, 2014 9:06 PM BST
    I am still exploring - so this answer is subject to change with mood, time of day, event, et al - but at present I like Sky Pink and Stormy Pink mostly for most any time of day - something that is present, noticeable but not overpowering. It says "Yes I am wearing lipstick - so take notice mere mortals" - Just having a moment there, sorry - but I do enjoy this part of the day. : )
    • 155 posts
    August 28, 2014 10:07 PM BST
    Hi Katie, it's just a question that's impossible to answer. It depends on time of day, the mood you're in, what you're wearing, how sexy you feel etc etc.
    At the moment I like the Maybelline colour stay 24 as it is long lasting and you apply the gloss or matte over the colour. Yet I still have six shades of this and wear them all! If it was for a particular occasion we could be more help to you, xx
    This post was edited by Linda T at August 28, 2014 10:09 PM BST
    • 26 posts
    August 28, 2014 11:02 PM BST

I like the purple shades for me, orange shades don't look right with my skin tone. I have a pale one from Boots 17 range for most times called Marshmallow Whip and an unnamed creamy dark one I use if I'm going for a more dramatic look.

Sarah xx

• 2017 posts
    August 29, 2014 6:19 PM BST

A fairly natural colour for the daytime and usually something in vairous shades of burgundy or red for the evening, (sometimes with a lip gloss).  I usually use Clinique as they are pretty long lasting. 

• 2127 posts
    September 9, 2014 12:15 PM BST

Thanks ladies, much appreciated.

Katie   x

• March 16, 2015 10:21 AM GMT

Color that doesn’t create any irritation to other is the best lipstick color. I recommend red.

• 2358 posts
    March 17, 2015 3:51 PM GMT

Clarins Rouge eclat Nude Rose

Clarins Joli rouge perfect shine Coral tulip

Lilly Pebbles from Miss selfridge vintage makeup collection.

a few others I sorta pick up when browsing.