Trans with child?

• 155 posts
    September 2, 2014 9:13 AM BST
    Hi girls!
    I spent a few hours last night on an overseas surgeons website researching srs surgery techniques, what's involved, what I could expect in terms of both functionality and appearance.
    My, how things have progressed!
    In the not too distant past srs was little more than genital mutilation, don't get me wrong, it was still vitally important to those who chose that path at the time purely from a psychological point of view, though it gave little or no functionality in most cases.
    Then I got to thinking (not a good thing I know lol!)
    As the techniques have improved so much in such a relatively short space of time (the first sex change surgery was performed in Germany in 1930) will it ever be possible to be "fully functioning", womb, ovaries etc? After all, scientists are growing other body parts in labs all over the world. Babies don't get mentioned very much here or even the maternal instinct, probably because for us, at the moment it's just not possible.
    For me, well, I have always longed to be pregnant and have a baby for as long as I can remember, and, yes, I know it's one of the most painful things a woman can do, but I would without question have a baby (or two!) if the possibility had been open to me. Too late now for me of course, but I think that in the future at some point (if we don't all destroy the planet first!) it WILL be possible.
    What do you think? Am I too much ever the optimist? xx
    • 34 posts
    September 2, 2014 10:08 AM BST

Hi Linda.

I believe I heard some where some one was expermentig in Womb Transplants if this is true who knows what possibilities in the future

• 155 posts
    September 2, 2014 10:12 AM BST
    Well Christy, science is a wonderful thing and one day I'm sure it will happen! x
    • 0 posts
    September 2, 2014 11:41 AM BST

Hi Linda T

Thinking is always fraught with dangers. lol!

The current boost in Transsexual and Transgender studies will correct many of the misconceptions about sex-change.

For example, the Hindu's have been practising sex-changes for millenia and the Muslims believe the next saviour will be born from a man.

The cutting edge srs technique (no pun intended) comes from Belgade and involves a splitting of the glans penis into a neo-clitoris and a neo cervix.

Hystorectomies are common practise and it only seems inevitable that transplants will follow eventually. 

Personally I have no desire whatsoever to have children, either naturally, by surrogacy or adopted.

I will admit to you that this is because there were/are no pearls in my family, so why perpetuate a genealogy made up of lumps of coal. 

I just wish all this was said in jest.

Chalice. 

• 35 posts
    September 2, 2014 1:27 PM BST
    I don't know that much about anatomy, but isn't the woman's bones down there shaped differently than a man's? The baby has to have room to get out, and I am not sure there is room to do it down there.

I suppose it could be done by c-section though...

Interesting topic!