Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » fear of needles?

fear of needles?

Tags : None
  • I have seen so many videos of girls injecting who are almost reduced to tears at the discomfort every time they inject. Its really sad to see.
    Anyways, for those who do suffer, I cant recommend highly enough the use of anaesthetic cream.
    I use Emla cream (thats how it branded in the UK, not sure if it international) - i inject in thigh which is apparently the most uncomfortable of all, and can honestly say the stuff works - I literally dont feel a thing 

This post was edited by Becky DQ at October 9, 2014 5:57 AM BST
      October 9, 2014 5:56 AM BST
  • Hi Becky DQ

Nice website by the way.

I wonder what size hyperdermic you're using.

There shouldn't be any discomfort at all, so extreme care must be taken to position and inject the needle correctly.

You become expert after a while and at the beginning its just trial and error.

Always remember to spirate the syringe to ensure you're not injecting into a blood vessel.

The site also needs to be super-sterile so any cream needs to be cleaned off thouroughly.  

good luck

~*_*~

October 9, 2014 11:02 PM BST
  • oh I donno, we all have different sensativities to such things. There is no doubt in my mind that some people really do suffer with discomfort....but I also appreciate that not everyone does.

I personally use 23g needles, and indeed to aspirating and sterilising site.

Studies have been done by the NHS with using this cream for pain relief of IM injections, so I dont think it is bad practice assuming the usual hygene precautions have been observed.

October 9, 2014 11:22 PM BST