Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Under age members.

Under age members.

Tags : None
  • From time to time an under age transgender person will join GS. There is a system here in place to direct those members to other websites or organisations that can help them. Untill that happens their profile is active. Members can respond to their posts whilst their account is active. If any member does respond can they please treat the under age member with respect. The under age member could be vulnerable and have low self esteem. They could be feeling lost and confused and did not read the websites terms and conditions. Being under age does not give anyone a licence to show disrespect towards them.

Terms and conditions are the last thing on the minds of these young people. Remember you were young once! Even some adults are confused so think before you respond.

I recently suggested that GS at sometime in the future may be able to have a seperate place for under age transgenders. That may not ever happen but , please refrain from belittling any under age member that may be in need of genuine help and came here to find it.

Julia x

Spell Edited.

This post was edited by Former Member at January 31, 2015 11:30 PM GMT
      December 7, 2014 2:22 PM GMT
  • The terms and conditions for Paypal consists of 36.275 words! Shakespear's Hamlet contains 30.066 so Paypal's terms and conditions are over 6200 more words than Hamlet , does any one read Paypal's? I very much doubt it.

Edited: Wrong T&C's quoted but now corrected.

This post was edited by Former Member at December 7, 2014 3:11 PM GMT
      December 7, 2014 2:33 PM GMT
  • And it has happened again.

Another under age member has come to GS .  I started this because a Former Member who said they were a teacher treated an under age member with total disrespect. The under age member apologised! The Teacher never did and I have never known that so called teacher to say sorry.

That to me proves the under age member had more manners than the teacher. That teacher also stated in a forum topic that they were setting up a group for young LGBT school pupils. I responded saying "You should never be allowed near them" . How correct was I?.

We all know what it was like to be young and confused . My last words on the former member in this post "That person was old and confused".

I was pleased to learn that this website has in place a system to help young members who have no choice but to leave here.

These young Transgender people have so much to deal with we all know that. Most of us have been there and some including myself suffered abuse from adults.

Most who know me know that I speak my mind! I get insulted for that but , if I ever see another under age member treated with such disrespect again then the insulter will feel the full force of me.

These young people are our future , we are their hope. If they cannot look to us for help and support then what do they do or where do they go?. Sex sites is where they will most likely end up. If that happens then they could be groomed , we need to be here for them in their short time here.

If we are not then they will end up being yet another statistic , that just could be a suicide statistic.

There is good here! There is a lot of good here and I for one am proud to be a part of this crazy place what ever anyone may think of me. As long as people know that I care then that is all that matters to me.

As always , take care xxx

February 5, 2015 8:27 AM GMT