Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Welcome new members » Heyllo :-) I'm Alexis

Heyllo :-) I'm Alexis

Tags : None
  • Hi... I'm Alexis (legal name is David) I've realized I'm a transwoman for about a month now. I'm 19, I live in New jersey, and I'm scared And don't know what to expect. I've always known I'd been different, always felt more comfortable around girls and more uncomfortable around guys. I'm not a feminine girl but I want to change. I've never matched who I am on the outside and being a girl trapped in the body of a 6'4 215lb man has put a toll on my heart. I'm tired of being stared at and feared for my size and assigned gender. 

Anyway, I hope to learn all I need to know like how long it takes to get on hormones, how to do makeup, what I should tell my doctor, and just meet new people with the same challenges and become a member of this family :-) I love you all, even if we haven't met or spoken and thank you for greeting me with such open arms and compassion. Xoxo

This post was edited by Former Member at January 20, 2015 3:47 PM GMT
      January 20, 2015 2:55 AM GMT
  • Hi Alexis welcome to GS I'm sure the girls here will help you out

Christy Bradford
      January 20, 2015 9:13 AM GMT
  • Hiya Alexis, firstly welcome to the forums.    Its rather more dificult in the USA as opposed to here in the UK, your pourney depends on the laws of the state your in, changing name etc.    Transitioning is a personal need for happiness and contentment,   Hang on in there, many people have already traveled the path your about to start on and are making a success of their new life.     Its not easy, so many things to consider, employment, family support.    But there are a lot of girls here from the US that will offer yo support and advice.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      January 20, 2015 3:31 PM GMT
  • I'm entirely with Cristine here.  You have a long journey ahead, but it is immensely important that you do not rush things - just what you wanted to hear, right?

You will get all the support and information you need here, I hope, and never be afraid to ask.  Be careful of the siren voices that say "Hey, just go for it - get your hormeones from the nice guy on the street corner, and before you know it. you'll be a real girl."

Boring old fart, right?

There are many members on this great site who have completed the journey you have embarked upon.  Ask them, use their experience, because it has been hard won.

This is going to be as hard as it gets for anybody, so please plan every step! And ib the end, you get your butterfly wings.  Best wishes!

This post was edited by Amanda Bruce at January 20, 2015 6:22 PM GMT
      January 20, 2015 6:20 PM GMT