What is the point of a forum topic?.

• January 20, 2015 9:20 AM GMT

The main point in a forum topic is most are looking for answers. We have search engines that provide us with answers but they are not what I would call personal. Other peoples experiences can help others so much. It can be what some consider to be a small problem with an easy answer but to the person asking the question it could be a big thing. Just because to some it may seem a minor thing does not mean it is to others.

These forums are a mine of information and most of the answers are alrealy there but it means a new member has to search for the answer they want. Asking a question in a new topic means the person normally gets answers within hours or even minutes. Those answers are not one size fits all so the more people that join in means the person asking the question is more likely to get the answer they are after. The Transgender world has so many questions and the ones that have been through or are going through the same can tell of their experiences in response to others.

We need more members to join in here to keep these forums alive. The archives are full of information but as we move forward some of that information is now out of date , we need to keep them up to date.

A forum topic can be serious , it can be fun or it can descend into complete mayhem. When a topic goes into mayhem then the moderators step in to put a stop to it. We are adults and should set an example . I am guilty of sending a few topics into mayhem but it is never intentional. If a certian member disagrees with me then that is up to them , if they disagree with you then that again is up to them. If they do not like the answer it is no reason to attack any member. So these forums do need moderators to step in. Good discussion is healthy and can be of great help to so many.

So if you think that you maybe able to help when you see a question asked then please do respond. It may not be the answer that the person was searching for but that does not matter , it may help another person.

So please use these forums to ask a question if you have one. And please use these forums if you think your answer may just help. It has to work both ways.

Take care xx

• 2017 posts
    January 20, 2015 5:43 PM GMT

Well said Julia. Everybody has a point of view, and each person's experience of transitioning or just cross dressing is different so the more responses a topic receives, the better. That way, the person starting the thread is more likely to come across a good deal of helpful information and hopefully one that suits their situation. 

Fingers crossed.