Herbals and Libido

• 59 posts
    February 6, 2015 6:40 PM GMT

So I've started herbal "hormones" a few weeks ago.  I know that they are unproven, at best, but my situation allows for nothing else right now.  Since it's only been for a couple or three weeks, I don't expect to see much (again, see above caveat); however, I seem to have markedly diminished libido.  Though my love life with DW is non-existent, I have been able to enjoy "myself" routinely.  Now I seem to have no desire whatsoever.

A fool, I'm not.  This could be a plecibo effect, a legitimate side effect, or my budding efforts here may be me living my dreams, negating the need for fantasy and self-fulfilment.  Any thoughts?

• February 6, 2015 9:16 PM GMT

Hi Olivia.

Firstly herbal hormones do not work , there is no scientific evidence that says they do. I would say you are having a placibo effect from taking them.

The amount of Phytoestrogens (plant estrogen) that is in them means you would have to swallow what amounts to a large bush to create as much as in just one of my prescribed Oestradiol pills.

In a nut shell , you may aswell drink half a litre of Soya milk a day . That would contain about the same amount of Phytoestrogens as any herbal pill . The Soya milk is good for you too , it lowers your Cholesterol.

Take care x

• 746 posts
    February 6, 2015 9:47 PM GMT

That said, Olivia, message me and I'll give my you my FB account and you can judge for yourself how they "do not work".  I'd also like to know your source as I can point you to a site that does have a line that works quite well.  Since I've done only herbals for 5+ years now, I cannot say that prescribed would be better, the same, or worse.  But if you see my pix, you can judge for yourself if it is possible that they do work.  I know some girls who use the same source as myself and have not gotten much in development.  I know some girls who have used it and have surpassed even my development.  There are many factors which go into determining how much, how soon, how big, etc.  I do know that you must remain consistent in your usage and it will be a life long commitment.  I am more than satisfied with that as I would hate to lose that which I have gained.

Traci xoxo

• February 6, 2015 10:20 PM GMT

With age your Testosterone levels fall that is why your hair falls out. I have a full head of my own past shoulder length hair.I hold on to it with blockers and Decapeptyl injections , it will not fall out! At times I wish it would not grow so fast.

With age you also develope what some term as man boobs , that is also linked to low Testosterone.

Whatever "Anyone" Swallows please make sure it has come from a source that has a reputation. Most of these herbs come from the Far East and you do need to know what you are swallowing. A company with a reputation has something to lose "It's reputation" . Others have nothing to lose but everything to gain , your cash.

Take care x

• 746 posts
    February 6, 2015 10:50 PM GMT

Good point all...and this company has thrived for over 20 years doing what they do..I know the owner personally and can call her a close friend.  She has been FT for 35+ years now and is a leading advocate for the TG community here in the US.  She is not in it for the money although will admit to making a profit.  Her products go thru stringent quality control testing but does not need nor is able to get FDA approval since herbals are do not fall under the Govt. umbrella.

I'm not trying to "plug" for the comapny, only trying to emphasize that there are often alternative methods to reaching goals, be it medicine, health care, or even transitioning.  And yes, do be very carefgul what you place in your system always and especially following advice from anonymous others on the internet, myself included!

Traci xoxo

• 746 posts
    February 6, 2015 10:56 PM GMT

Might also add that this woman has been my mentor thru my transition and has worked with and counseled thousands across our country.  She is quite well known here in the USA and there is no shortage of people who are willing to vouch for her.

Sooooo....let's let this debate about prescribed vs. herbal drop...it has been covered lots in the other threads in the Forum and always ends ugly, at least for me...doesn't matter what I say or show evidence of successes, I get beat on...please, for the sake of civility, let it go....if Olivia is interested enough, she will reach out to me...if not, that's OK too.

Traci xoxo

• February 6, 2015 11:15 PM GMT

Awe Traci would I argue with you? . It does my head in toSmile. I know what I know and you know what you know and we all have our own experiences but it is no reason for it to turn ugly. We all have freedom of choice and speech (Speech? To a certian extent) The UK Government will take me away soonSmile.

Take care xxx

Edit: I spelt Government wrong! Slap me xx

This post was edited by Former Member at February 6, 2015 11:23 PM GMT
    • 746 posts
    February 6, 2015 11:29 PM GMT

Consider your self officially slapped Julia!  Was it as good for you as it was for me?  LOL  Oh, Pay-poop says "hi"!!!

xoxox

• February 7, 2015 5:11 AM GMT

For the last seven months, I have been taking two different herb capsules, and used a progesterone cream under my arms, and massaged my breasts with two different herbal extracts. I buy all at health shops at very low prices. Until now, My breasts have become very sensitive, gained some definition but no significant enlargement. My libido has gone through the roof.  I think that if i did not have such a high clinically measured testosterone level, I would be making more progress in size development. I must say I love the effect that is happening to me.  

I do not want large breasts; thus, I have not gone the hormone route.  Herbs may not work, but I think it is worth an experiment for a couple of years. I always monitor my health closely and have seen no adverse efffect, but everyone is different. I was really surprised at the great increase in my libido, which may be due to the greatly increased sensitivity of my nipples.

• 15 posts
    April 13, 2015 1:39 AM BST
    Here is my 2 cents worth. I started taking 450mg a day of saw palmetto to get my prostate under control (minor BPH), per MD suggestion. (Saw palmetto also reduces testosterone.) Two weeks ago I started taking Estroven (tm) Maximum Strength, to start bringing out the physical woman in me.
    My skin is softer, as is my hair. Libido is still there. Best of all, my manboobs are, ever so slightly, becoming breasts. My nipples are now erect all the time. They are more sensitive. I'm getting definition under my breasts, which I didn't have before.
    I know if I want to go all out woman, I'll need to see my MD and get approved for HRT. Still, this provides some idea of what becoming a physical woman would be like, and I like it.
    • 59 posts
    April 13, 2015 2:32 AM BST

Have you been taking the recommended two Estroven tablets per day?

• 15 posts
    April 14, 2015 3:08 PM BST
    Hi Olivia! No, I've been taking only one per day. Don't want to rush things. :-)
    • 59 posts
    April 14, 2015 4:59 PM BST

OIC

TYVM

Kiss

• 15 posts
    May 5, 2015 1:57 AM BST

Well, its been 5 weeks with saw palmetto and Estroven MS. My manboobs are definitely taking on a feminine definition now. While at the doctors for a routine yearly checkup a week ago, the nurse had me remove my shirt so she could listen to my heart. She looked at my breasts and commented, "Careful, Honey, or you are going to have to wear a bra." Smile  Body fat is starting to redistribute to my breasts and butt. Look out Kim K! Laughing  My skin is softer, as is my hair (both on my head and on my body.) Of course, I put moisturizer on all over my body every morning after my shower. That also helps soften my skin.

Peeing is definitely easier, as I expected. The prostrate is shrinking.

I'll pause at 8 weeks and assess my changes. I have a hunch it'll be decision time then....

Of course, YMMV.

Kiss

• 15 posts
    July 2, 2015 6:32 PM BST

It's been two months on Estroven and saw palmetto. My body fat is definitely redistributing to my boobs and butt. Might be placebo effect, but my libido is shifting towards men and away from women Undecided.  I'll catch myself getting, "excited," when I see a fine specimen of a man! This will take some getting use to.

Of course, to really make the switch, I'll need the MDs and the HRT.

Expressing my femininity feels so good. Being a guy, what a bore...

• 59 posts
    July 9, 2015 9:09 PM BST

I have lost nearly all of my sex drive!  Since DW is the original Ice Queen, this is a handy result.  LOL

I have not lost interest in women.  I gues I'll make a fine trans-lesbian. :-0