Welcome to The Gender Society.

• February 8, 2015 2:17 PM GMT

What is the Gender Society?. Well if you remove the word Gender you have your answer. When you walk out of your door you walk into Society. In that Society you will find the same as you do here.

You will find friends and maybe a few enemys.

You will find Love and maybe some hate.

You will find happiness and some sadness.

You will find pain and some relief.

You will find tears and laughter.

You will find Loneliness and togetherness.

You will find respect and some disrespect.

You will find others who care and some who do not.

You will find mistakes and people who make them.

You will find people who make mistakes and they say sorry , you will find a few that cannot say the word. We all make mistakes we are human and none of us are perfect. This website is not perfect.

You will find just as in Society Diversity

You will find here every emotion there is.

You will find different personality's and at times they clash.

You will find different opinions but we all have them. The benefits of being here are.

You will find answers from others that could be or are or have been what you are going through.

You may be at the start of searching for those answers or the middle or the end , if there is one for you. Having that mixture here gives members a reason to be here. If you need to learn then learn and if you can teach from your experiences then you can help others. All of you together can make a very good team .

After my 9 years on and off here I have learnt a lot , I also hope I have taught a lot. When I first discovered this place I knew I had found the best. It has its faults but it is still the best.

Thank you Katie for creating such a good place and also thanks to the team that give up their time to help you.

You all take care and look after yourselves and look out for each other xxxxx

• 178 posts
    February 8, 2015 7:43 PM GMT

Thank you Julia.  It IS a team effort, and the most important people in that team are those who login every day or so, and make a contribution.  They say something.  They argue against something.  They applaud someone or some thing.

Frankly the ones who come here just to leech, stay "free members" and never say a word are not a great asset to GS.

Dammit, use it, support it - or lose it!

• February 8, 2015 7:51 PM GMT

No! Thank you Amanda.

Those words I wrote above were not pre planned , I just sat here and had a thought and typed what was on my mind. It only took about 5 minutes of my time for thought and to type but I needed to say it.

Take care xxx

• 110 posts
    February 9, 2015 4:43 PM GMT
    Very well put Julia and Amanda. This site has helped me so much over the four or five years i've been a member. It's deffinatly a case of the more you put into it the more you will get out. Katie is a hero for starting this site and keeping it running as are all the others that work behind the scenes. I'm proud to say i'm a fully paid up life time member and i fully expect to use this wonderfull site for a life time.If you love this place support it any way you can.
                                             Love and hugs Lillith xx
    • 178 posts
    February 9, 2015 7:13 PM GMT

Lillith - thank you. If I could aford to be, I would be a lifetime member too.

You clearly understand what I was on about!

Blessings to you, and may you have many, many years to enjoy being here.

xxxxx! Amanda

• February 9, 2015 9:26 PM GMT

Thank you Lillith xxx . And I understood what you were on about Amanda.

The reason I started this was to give what I see as an explaination as to the difference to here and Society. I logged in and just as usual saw those two words , gender and society. By removing the word gender it is the same as you see when you walk out of your front door "A group of people".

I give credit where it is due and always have done. The input does not have to be financial but it sure does help keep this place going. We know by what some state they can well afford to help but never do. Some cannot afford much but do help , it is just like society , some care and some don't.

16 Years it will be this year since Katie created this place. If her idea was to make a her fortune it has failed , she has put her own cash into here to save it. She could have called it a day years ago but has not , she does deserve some credit for that. All of the team that give their time for free to help her and the members that contribute deserve credit too.

To sum it it up it is a good place here with many good people that is unlike any other trans site. I think I am done now! I have said what I needed to say.

Take care xxxx

Edit: I developed a keyboard stutter and duplicated a word , Who Whoo Whoops...... bu bu bug bug bugg bbur bu bugger it a spell error to.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 9, 2015 10:27 PM GMT