I never use the home page!

• 2017 posts
    March 16, 2015 6:07 PM GMT

There has been a lot of chat here lately about who uses the forums and so on. Well, maybe I'm alone but actually, I never use the home page! It's because I think that if there is anything worth reading, then it will be in the forums and so I log in and go straight there, (or occaionally to chat), and I don't even pause on the home page. Am I the only person who does this? 

• 2358 posts
    March 16, 2015 7:52 PM GMT

Hoping we can sort out the first post appearing on the home page and reduce it to just the title and subsequent has just commented on, to names., some people respond to a forum post on the home page and never even read the full post.   All become terribly disointed and nonsensical.

• 746 posts
    March 16, 2015 9:40 PM GMT

Good idea Crissy!!!  Yes nikki, you just might be the only one who does that!  (smile)  Me, I look for the Ella likes Stellas and selfies of fake boobs and cheap wigs!  LOL

I miss the old format though...

Traci xoxo

• 1652 posts
    March 17, 2015 11:13 AM GMT

I like the front page, it's just a quick thing to scan over and see what people are up to today. Not everyone needs to start a forum post just to say they've got a date for the surgery, or their first appointment at the gender clinic, or they just got their first hormone prescription, or other such heartwarming news.

As with TGS, the old TW site had forums, galleries, blogs, news... but no front page, so to me it's just a bonus.

But I agree with points above: we don't need to see who's made friends with who, or who likes who. It's really useful to see when a forum post has been made, but the ability to comment on those notifications only stops people going into the forums where they should be commenting. A notification with a link to the thread is good, but no option should be given to comment on forum posts on the front page.

So please, next time you see a forum post that takes your interest... click on the link via the front page and then comment *in the forum itself*; then people coming a day or two later will still be able to see your comments and we'll all see a more thorough discussion. 

xx

• 746 posts
    March 17, 2015 4:47 PM GMT

Excellent points Lucy...

xoxo

• 2017 posts
    March 18, 2015 8:19 PM GMT

I completly agree Lucy, I'm not trying to poo poo the home page but it could be better and removing the option to 'like' a post but instead go in and comment on it is far better.