The Big Bang Theory

• 2358 posts
    April 4, 2015 5:55 PM BST

The Big Bang Theory arise from measurement. Edward Hubble discovered that the Universe was expanding. Two theories came forth to explain this state, the Big Bang and Steady State. Steady State claims that the Universe is unchanging and that as the Universe expanded new material is being generated to fill in the void. The Big Bang, working on the logic that if everything is now expanding then you flow time backward and everything would be contracting and eventually reach a point, was finally deemed as the most probable theory with the discovery of the Cosmic Background Radiation.

What a loada rubbish.

Watch the series, One of the cleverest and amusing series of all times. Sheldon and Bernadette. Rahj, much more interesting, they crack me up, what cracks you up/

• April 4, 2015 7:48 PM BST

This cracked me up about the big bang therory and is true. Katie Melua recorded a song called Nine Million Bicycles. In that song were the words "We are 12 Billion light years from the edge" . Someone at Cambridge university corrected her and said you are wrong "We are 13.6 Billion light years from the edge" . Katie being a good sport adjusted the words and told them they do not fit so I am sticking to 12 Billion because I read it in a book and it is not my fault you keep changing itSmile.

If I get time I will try to watch your recomendation . As for what cracks me up is looking in the mirror when I wake upSmile.

xxxx

• 1652 posts
    April 5, 2015 12:09 PM BST

I can confirm, that in the pop music business, 1.6 billion light years is neither here nor there.

9 million bicycles in Beijing is probably an equqally rough approximation...

Love The Big Bang Theory, and much prefer it to the theory of intelligent design by a supernatural being; now *there's* a story!

Think I've seen every episode shown in this country, so far.

The Simpsons too - excellennnnt.

xx

• April 5, 2015 5:31 PM BST

I have watched a few clips on Youtube Crissie and it is funny. Where television is concerned I do not watch it , only a few things on the iPlayer. If I had to rate the funniest program of late (Classics aside) it would be Outnumbered. Those kids on there were so funny and a lot of it was improvised by cock ups forcing the adults to improvise too.

xxx

• 2017 posts
    April 5, 2015 5:43 PM BST

One of my old favourites has to be 'Allo Allo' as no one is spared ridcule! Yes, it has the same jokes every week, but they work every time because each episode is so well written. Comedy was so much funnier before the PC brigade appeared. 

For newer programs, I would say Futurama, probably because it's as near to be un PC as you can get these days. Cool

• 2358 posts
    April 5, 2015 6:29 PM BST

Yes my three favourite words, satire, sarcasm and Inuendo

• April 5, 2015 8:59 PM BST

This cracks me up.

https://youtu.be/c2sovaAAoeY It is only just over a minute long.

• 1652 posts
    April 5, 2015 9:54 PM BST

"I didn't understand a word of that..."

That kid is great, as are all the cast, love this series too. See I do like English things too!

And as Julia has kind of mentioned, that show has always been partly improvised, especially the kids' scenes, where they were given a theme and told to just talk about it. Brilliant stuff.

xx

This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at April 5, 2015 9:55 PM BST
  • April 5, 2015 11:05 PM BST

Lucy that little girl who played Karen is now not so little was amazing. The looks she gave were so real. She thinks everyone who talks funny is Albanian. When she was hit by a car she asked if the driver was Albanian and wanted to sue him.

https://youtu.be/M2f_FcK7zGU

• 1652 posts
    April 25, 2015 12:22 PM BST

Ok so let's do this scientifically, which Big Bang character are you most like?

http://www.playbuzz.com/awesomequizzes10/which-big-bang-theory-character-are-you

I wasn't entirely surprised to get Amy:

"You're smart and are very sweet just like Amy! You seek compassion but can never find it. You can be nerdy but can also show a wild side."

Nerdy and wild, that would be me.

Go on, give it a go! In the meantime I'll be playing the harp and weaving some baskets...

xx

• April 25, 2015 12:30 PM BST

I was surprised I got Amy tooSmile . Considering I have only watched a few clips on youtube and never seen a complete show I was as honest as I could be but about myself. xx

• April 25, 2015 1:49 PM BST

Me? I am a Howard. methodical and a bit of a stick in the mud. reliable and always there for friends and loved ones.

Crissie is a Sheldon, pedantic, always has to have the last word is always right with a superior attitude.

• 2358 posts
    April 25, 2015 9:19 PM BST

I di the test and came out as a nughty Amy, lol

• 10 posts
    May 9, 2015 7:50 AM BST

I really loved the show and I can relate myself with Penny.