What can we do about nasal hair?

• December 18, 2015 5:54 PM GMT

This is no laughing matter.  I'm asking if laser or any other kind of treatment can remove nasal hairs permanently?  If so, it would be very useful.

Femmy

• 178 posts
    December 18, 2015 7:49 PM GMT

You can have laser treatment, wax treatment, or regular trims with a nasal hair trimmer.  They all work, but remember, nasal hair serves a purpose.  It is the first line filter to keep particles out of your lungs.  Easy to trim, and afterwards, it still does its job!

• December 19, 2015 12:08 PM GMT

Thank you Amanda. It's really the hairs that protrude from the front of my nose I'm thinking of.  You know, the one that will spoil my otherwise perfect feminine face (LOL).  What I am most concerned about is the pain factor.  Plucking my eyebrows is no big deal but have you ever tried plucking a nasal hair?  Yikes, it really hurts.  Does laser hurt anything like plucking and what about electrolysis?  Is there any painless way to remove these hairs permanently?

• 2 posts
    December 20, 2015 12:23 AM GMT
    Try waxing,I did a few times,it worked well.xx
  • December 23, 2015 5:51 PM GMT

Thank you for the idea Darryl, but waxing would be way too painful for me.  That's why I thought that maybe laser would be a gentler way of doing this.

But where is Caroline?  Is she still running this forum?

• 2 posts
    December 23, 2015 6:01 PM GMT
    With laser is still painful,and you need to have more than once,but the good thing is ,the hair removal permanently.
    • 9 posts
    January 4, 2016 7:18 AM GMT
    Hi Darryl

Been away for the festive season. Only just came back. Laser will work on the hairs that can be seen at entrance of nasal cavity but you will not reach further in.

Regards
    Caroline
    • 2127 posts
    February 16, 2016 10:17 AM GMT

That's interesting to hear Caroline, but does it hurt?

Thanks, Katie

• February 16, 2016 10:05 PM GMT

they sell liitle trimmers i seen then at wal mart  thay have a nosel like trimmer youcan insert inyour nose.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wahl-Cordless-Ear-Nose-Brow-Dual-Head-Wet-Dry-Trimmer/10965211

• 2017 posts
    March 9, 2016 2:55 PM GMT

Laser will remove the hairs but it is difficult to get to and so it is very problematic. You really need to have the laser make contact to be effective and that's not really possible. It will get rid of the protruding hairs though but I promise you it hurts! I always had tears in my eyes, it's as painful as plucking but over quicker as you are not targeting indivdual hairs. Interesting smell of 'you' burning as well.lol. 

The alternative is a specific nose trimmer which most chemists will stock. It targets the hairs deeper inside and is cheap and pain free. The only downside is that you need to use it regularly, depending on how quick your nasal hair growth is.