Interesting day at work

• September 6, 2004 1:17 PM BST
    Girls

I had a rather interesting day at work recently. I came in to find an email waiting for me saying that as there were two people in my small group with the same name, that I was to now be known as Glenda! and the other gent was to be known as Vicky. I was shocked and didn't know what to make of this at first. But as I didn't really mind taking a female name (although not my own) I decided it would be fun to play along. I replied to the email saying I had always thought of myself as more of a Katie

As there were a few new members in my group we had a team meeting later that day in which we all had to announce ourselves and what we do. As it came round to my turn I was getting scared. But when my turn came I found the courage and introduced myself as Katie. Ahh it felt so good How little they really know.

I got an another email later saying that my name, Glenda, had already been decided and that I couldn't change it. All this was done for their amusement. But little did they know how much I was enjoying it. So I replied telling her not to oppress me

It has all died down now but just sometimes my team leader will call be Glenda or katie and it makes me smile on the inside.

Hugs

katie