A Hello

• September 7, 2004 10:52 AM BST
    I hope this is an ok board to post a introduction post.. it seemed like the best.

I'm 20 and have wanted to be a girl since I was 11/12 and for most of that time I just tried to ignore it but the past few years I've come to realize I need to embrace my feelings or I will never be happy, and maybe I never will but that's hard to say at this point.
    It's hard to put into words what I feel.. I just have this feeling that I should be a girl and when I look in a mirror I hate the 'maleness' of me.. all the hair and body shape and my penis, which for all I care could fall off right now(and I wish it would :-/).
    I still live at home with christian fundy parents which makes my want to start transitioning almost impossible.. if I where to come out to them they would prolley view me as sick or something and definatly would not be supportive.
    I really dont know what to do.. I dress up a bit when know one else is home, but eventually I will need to get my own clothes which I have no idea how I would do that.. the real women in the store would probably freak out. Also I look like any other manly person so wouldnt it be ackward to go out in public even if I did get clothes? Not that I would care to much about what others see but still, I dont want them to think of my as some weird guy... I want people to think 'oh there goes a girl' even if I appear to be an ugly girl
    Anyways, I look foward to reading more of this forum and getting to know everyone here.

^_-
  • September 7, 2004 10:58 AM BST
    Welcome to the club Kevin. Your feelings are very similar to mine at your age. A bit later than your age I decided okay it´s not possible and I´ve got to be a man and I played the male role for years to come...the role getting more and more difficult each year. Until I had no other way out than transitioning. Now I live and work since 8 months as Laura...with quite a success . And I seem to have found my happiness.

Laura
    • 614 posts
    September 7, 2004 11:15 AM BST
    hi ya kev , 1stly id like to say welcome to trannyweb , 2ndly all the girls here are friendly , you are not alone , as to shopping for girlie clothes i go in male drab and shop for girlie stuff the cashiers just think its for my gf .
    • 2573 posts
    September 7, 2004 1:40 PM BST
    Kevin,
    Many of the girls at TrannyWeb have said the same words you have written and had the same thoughts and feelings. We aren't particularly wierd. You may find we are the nicest group of peope you have ever met. You won't be alone here and there are many people who will want to help you overcome your obstacles. We are varied in our girliness and you will find those who share your particular version. You will find that we do understand because you are not as different as you thought you were. The wisdom and mistakes of 18,000+ of us is here for you to benefit from...and you just made YOUR first contribution for the next t-girl to join us to learn SHE is not alone either. Welcome, sis. -hugs- Wendy