Browsers we use...

• 338 posts
    December 21, 2004 8:36 PM GMT
    Ok just a quick question.. exactly what do people use to browser trannyweb? and what problems do the various parts of the site spring up for you?
    To start things going i have Internet explorer 6 under WinXP, Mozilla again under XP and also under Linux (chat not yet working with linux) and for when i want to be in stealth mode the text only 'lynx' browser.. waaaay fast

Only problem.. all the 'submit' & 'post' buttons use a default caption, which lynx simply shows as a '1' can take time to find em.. minor grip that though for a life without adverts.. hell without pictures even.

So then.. just what ya got on your desktop...
  • December 21, 2004 11:25 PM GMT
    I'm using IE6 SP1 on WinXP Professional, and also using Mozilla Firefox 1.0 on the same computer. I've not yet found any real browser related problems with Trannyweb in either of them.

I would like to try using Mozilla or Konqueror on a KDE Linux desktop, but the ECIADSL driver for my Globespan USB ADSL modem really is a pain to install, what with having to patch the kernel in versions above 2.6.1, and so far I've been unable to get it working. If you have a solution to it Claire, or if you know of a kernel-mode driver for the BT Voyager 100 modem that works with recent kernels, please let me know. I've been dying to try Linux again for months, but with no web access, windows is winning out all the way right now.
  • December 22, 2004 3:34 AM GMT
    lol! Yes, it was disturbingly technical, but concise and desperate. lol.

For some reason, I've retreated into serious male mode over the past few days, and I'm REALLY not enjoying it! lol. Well, I say for some reason, but there's a very good reason for it. It's pure survival. I think I'll post about that in a seperate thread perhaps.
    • 338 posts
    December 22, 2004 9:16 PM GMT
    i can get most of the site up with konqueror no worries, not got chat going yet though.. mind you i got my broadband hook up via the eathernet port... asdl... bah humbug
  • December 21, 2004 11:59 PM GMT
    Rhia, that post was disturbingly technical. Anyone would think you were a boy.

I use Firefox at the moment, though I'm told the latest Mozilla browser is worth getting. I don't have any problems with Trannyweb using Firefox.

Catherine