Coming Out - My experience

• 195 posts
    September 10, 2002 3:09 AM BST
    Nice story Venus - Congratulations and I hope you have a great journey with your wife - I wish I had had the same experiences - but though\i came out - my past partners were never able to be comfortable with it - that said - I wish I had had the courage to be out completely then - it might have made a difference - Do I agree with you - be yourself and be as open as possible as soon as possible - this is never going away the urges will only get stronger - so better to deal with it now and enjoy you life then live in secrecy terrified of being found out.  
  • September 7, 2002 4:15 PM BST
    I've been crossdressing since the age of 11.  I started with my sister's things.  I never quite understood why I was drawn to dressing, like some type of magnetism.  

Through the years, I went through periods of time where I'd get rid of all of my clothes, and vowed never to dress again.  But realized later that I was only lieing to myself.

It was only this year I came out, and now my wife knows.

I've made a realization that I am a Transvestite, and many times in the past, I would experience feelings of confusion, guilt and shame only to find out that now, it is ok to be me.

The way that I came out was suttle, and it took me over 3 weeks to do it.  This is how I approached it, perhaps this may work for you.

It all started one evening before bed, my wife was in the bathroom.  I put on a pair of her black silk panties and layed on the bed.  Once she came into the room, she smiled and said, "Are those compfy?".  I told her "yes, they are."

We made passionate love that evening.  The next day, I told her that last night was awesome.  She agreed, and we kissed.  Then about a week later, we started a conversation through email.  Through several emails, I informed her that I really enjoyed wearing those black silk panties of hers.

Then a couple of more weeks past, and then I told her that I have something to tell her.  She seemed very concerned, and asked me several times "What is it?".  I then told her, "Do you remember a few weeks ago, with the panties?", she said "Yes, what about it".  I then told her, I've been doing that for a long time.  Then she said, "Doing what, wearing my panties?", I said no, wearing womens clothes."  I then told her, its kinda strange that in our society, women can wear men's clothes and everyone is ok with it.  But the first time a man wear's women's clothes, he is looked upon as a freak, weirdo or just Gay."  

She then said, "Wow, I had no idea, I thought you were going to tell me you were having an affair or something."

I affirmed that I'm not gay, and that I loved her and wouldn't want to do anything to destroy our relationship.  

The following week, she went shopping for me, and bought me a few nighties, and some stockings.

Since then, she has been shopping for me several times.  And when I dress, its only at home. But she knows, I want to go out dressed, and I know eventually I will.  I'm just taking my time, not rushing into anything.  We've had conversations of me getting real boobs, and I've been contemplating doing Hormone treatment to start my transition.

My advice to anyone out there who wants to break the binds of their gender, simply be yourself, love the person you are and the person you want to be.  Also, respect your significant other and don't rush anything.  

Remember, Society is the only thing that considered Trans-people wrong.  You do not have too.

hugz
    Venus

• March 30, 2003 3:44 AM BST
    Its great to have a partner who understands. Being closeted is such a lonely and frustration experience.Dressing in company with friends is wonderful.You begin to express your femininty openly. My Mother dressed me when I was about 8yrs old. As a teen I went into the closet for 10 yrs. Then I started to go out enfemme. My wife found out. She was glad It was not another woman. I showed her the pics my Mother had taken of me holding a doll I was in a white frilly dress. My wife began to understand. My wife hd always thought my mother was a bit strange.Now I dress openly with her as girls together and live as a woman. Best wishes Joanna

• September 10, 2002 5:04 AM BST
    Having an accepting partner makes things so much better. Even though we're just friends now, I love being able to discuss things with my most recent ex-girlfrend. She knew I was a tranny before we got involved, and I wish things had worked out. I wish I could find another new girlfriend who's attracted to my femininity, but I think I have to plan on going forward alone, and if I do find someone, it will be an unexpected advantage.

Venus, I'm very happy to hear that you have a wife who's on your side. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Smile01.gif
  • September 8, 2002 8:48 AM BST
    Hi Venus

Welcome. That's a nice experience and I hope your relationship with your wife continues to blossom. Your advice echoes much that is written elsewhere on this site. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

By the way, have you just won a tennis tournament? ;D

Best wishes

Sarah