Do you think guys are gross?

• May 11, 2005 1:27 AM BST
    Just to be brief, I think guys are hairy, stinky, belching, spitting, farting, scratching brutes. I don't see what girls see in them. Little boys play with worms in the dirt. Little girls dress up and play with dolls. Big boys are oafs and boors. Big girls wear perfume and lipstick (and lingerie). Guys---YUCK!
  • May 11, 2005 1:43 AM BST
    Balance in all things is the key to stable existance.
    • 166 posts
    May 20, 2005 4:15 AM BST
    sure, some guy,s are rude and obnoxious, especially when the masculine trates of - farting -belching- spitting are objectified by -ohh"Tim the tool Man Taylor" -but these things seem like social idioms to Me- accepted, or not, in varied cultures as well. I'd find it difficult to belive that -Many, real men would find such behavior-"in-public"or even privately acceptable,,,, hey- their Mothers (and often Fathers)raised them better than that, yet the culture of vulgarity marches on,, and honestly,real women have never been immune-as well,Like Courtney Love orrrr? I'd admitt ,I look before I "scratch, belch as silently as possible-mouth covered, and even leave the room to-"pass gass" sooo the femme side comes out-- - - or-less than common etiquette !? xxx"K"
  • May 20, 2005 9:20 AM BST
    Hi Girls
    Yea, men can be gross sometimes but they are good for changing light bulbs !.

Dorothy xx
  • May 20, 2005 12:33 PM BST
    Thats true Wendy, and they will only change the light bulb if the lady has been out to buy it !

Dorothy xx
  • May 11, 2005 10:08 AM BST
    I'll tell you what's gross ..

Last weekend I was in the bar of a London hotel (dressed) with a number of T-girls. I went to ladies loo (restroom). Someone came in behind me and I heard the distinct sound of someone having - how shall I put this - A stand-up wee, followed by a loud belch and a hawking cough/spit combination. I emerged from the cubicle to meet the culprit; one of the girls I had been chatting to earlier, strange thing is this particular person had been trying to present herself as so demure and ladylike .. oops!

You're always on show girls.

Cerys x
  • May 18, 2005 4:44 PM BST
    Hi Leslee

I used to feel like there was a difference between male me and female me. I was never a terribly "blokey" bloke but I find that these days Cerys is bleeding across into my everyday life and the gap between Her and Him is starting to get increasingly indistinct.

I'd always thought that our unique viewpoint would give us an insight into both sides of the gender divide and would open our eyes to how the "other side" see the world. But sometimes I talk to Real Girls and realise that on some issues there's still a huge gaping chasm between us.

Strangely I have recently had a right ding-dong row with a t-girl on another site who I could only describe as a total misogynist. I've never known anyone have such a bitter and twisted view of women's motivation, now that was an argument I didn't expect to have; not with another T-girl!

Cerys xx
    • 2573 posts
    May 19, 2005 6:06 AM BST
    "...sometimes I talk to Real Girls and realise that on some issues there's still a huge gaping chasm between us."

That, Cerys, is why we are called "transgendered" instead of "othergendered" and probably why so many TS girls feel different from a lot of us...they are. My attitude is to enjoy and embrace who I am, with all my male parts dragging (pun intended) along behind me in tattered shreds. It IS what makes us special people with special talents.

Are guys gross? Well, I always thought a lot of them were insensitive jerks....but currently I have a boyfriend and my judgement on the matter is seriously impaired (from my male-side's point of view, at least...my femme side disagrees and is running the show much of the time now...I'm trans-forming) So I will abstain from an opinion on male "grossness", other than to say it makes me increasingly uncomfortable on myself.

Oh, Cerys, you will love the article I have to post on changes in female brain function (structure?) after childbirth. Look for it soon on a forum near you.
  • May 19, 2005 10:47 AM BST
    Hi Wendy

The "huge gaping chasm" I was thinking about was specifically on the issue of children (OK, you guessed it, there's personal history involved here) But I have never yet met/spoken to a Transexual who was driven by the same strange biological imperative to have children the way real girls seem to be. When that clock kicks in perfectly rational women who always claimed to be not interested in kids are suddenly possessed with an aching, craving need to reproduce. .. And thank goodness, 'cos I've never met a man yet who had that desire; if the girls didn't have it we'd be extinct!

I'm not saying there aren't some TS's out there who feel this way. Just an observation based on those few I've talked to. (I'm also not saying that the absence of this craving makes anyone less of a woman - before anyone waves a pointy stick at me!)

.. Though strangely I have seen several TV's who have taken pictures of themselves with false Pregnancy bumps !!!! Now what's that all about?

Cerys xx
    • 2573 posts
    May 20, 2005 9:58 AM BST
    Wendy's response moved to a new thread, in Tranny Psychology, entitled "MOMMY BRAIN" so as to not distract/sidetrack from this discussion's origional intent.
    • 2573 posts
    May 20, 2005 10:15 AM BST
    True, Dorothy, but they have to REALLY want to get back to the tele and watch the football match or it takes a really, really long time.