Question

• 1195 posts
    May 27, 2005 12:46 AM BST
    I think maybe the vodka is seeping into my brain but...
    What a Viscount? Is it vise-count? I only have one vise you'll be happy to note. Can anyone guess?
    jillianxxxx
    • 614 posts
    May 27, 2005 5:28 PM BST
    viscounts , um making me feel hungry arnt they a brand of biscuits made by burtons , rember having 1 in my lunch box when i was at primary school , oh the good old years
    • 166 posts
    May 28, 2005 10:29 AM BST
    then there's the most important- royal-question,,, where are the "dis" counts!?- another quip - eh?- hehe xxx"K"
    • 1195 posts
    June 1, 2005 4:37 AM BST
    Khriss - I thinks you got a good point
    My mind slipped to lower depth and thought of Vise - count
    and vise counts for sure. But dis - count, that's a big deal or a good deal. But I see your a Baroness. Could play with that spelling but won't.
    lol
    jillian xxxxx
    • 2463 posts
    May 27, 2005 3:21 AM BST
    If you believe in royalty - which I don't - it is a title that falls just below an earl and just above a baron. Women generally have that title if they are married to a viscount, but can have it in their own right.

But I must admit I did like being an empress there for a while. If I could be any empress I would first choose Elizabeth of Austria, who was one of the most beautiful women in Europe. Too bad she was married to that old sourpuss Franz Josef. Unfortunately she was assassinated. Now I'm a goddess, so it doesn't matter.
    • 2463 posts
    May 27, 2005 1:19 PM BST
    Hey, I have to know the enemy to fight the enemy!

Still, Empress Elizabeth was gorgeous!
    • 2463 posts
    May 27, 2005 6:14 PM BST
    In Richard Morton's book "A Nervous Splendor," which is about Vienna during the late 1880s there is this gorgeous full-length image of Elizabeth wearing this stunning gown. Wow!

All this talk of biscuits is making me hungry, and I just ate lunch!