Further problems!!

• July 29, 2005 11:48 PM BST
    If all other suggestions fail, in Internet explorer, click on Tools --> Sun Java Console.

Once the window for the console has opened, attempt to connect to chat. Leave it for a little while (untill nothing more happens in the java console window) and copy the log and paste it into a post. This might offer a clue as to where things are failing.
    • 121 posts
    July 28, 2005 8:33 PM BST
    Hi girls-hope you are all well.I've not been in the chat room for a few days,I'm not ignoring you only I'm unable to do so.Last saturday I was having problems getting into the chatroom so I deleted java and downloaded the latest java.Only since then I can't get access at all.When I try to get into the chatroom,in the box where it says connect I have a smaller square box at the top left hand corner that has a red cicle,blue square and blue triangle in-don'y know what that means.Something which I did on saturday was when I delete my cookies I right click on start and then click on explore,I then click on cookies click on select all and delete.What I also did was to delete java and digichat from here too.Hope you can make sense of this.Anyway do you think that this is causing my problem? At the moment I have resigned myself to not getting back into the chatroom,sadly, hooray some of you may say,lol.At least I can still access every where else.Lots of love Alli,xxx
    • 121 posts
    July 28, 2005 11:28 PM BST
    Hi girls-thanks for the response,Gloria,how do I turn Java on?-Oh I wish I understood computers,xxx
    • 166 posts
    July 29, 2005 1:33 AM BST
    yup- I'm having the exact same problems, though I've messed around on my end , I'm never sure if I should have touched anything, as the site was down for periods of time,, I downloaded the new Sun Systems Java to no avail and wonder if the link from the chat room page is specific enough or even valid as of this time??
  • July 29, 2005 8:29 AM BST
    Alli,

Just want to check but have you followed the instructions on the chat front page for dealing with problems? That should help clear any sticking points and allow you back in. If it doesn't I'd try reinstalling Java after removing any and all versions from your machine using Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs.

If that still doesn't work it might need a system restore to take you back a couple of days to a point where you knew you had access but that's a different kettle of frogs.

Hopefully see you back in chat soon hun

Alex
    xxxx
  • July 29, 2005 9:48 PM BST
    Hi All,

Us Apple OSX girls have some interesting challenges. The new toolbars, understandably only work on windows based platforms. However, even on
    the plain std TW interface, some thing was changed recently.

About 3-4 times while having activated a TW menu item, my Apple Safari
    browser quits. I send the bug report to Apple and then restart. This only
    happens when accessing TW. The good news, I don't have any problem getting
    to CHAT.

Any other Mac girls running into the same issue?

Frustrated in Cyberland,

Michelle Lynn
    • 166 posts
    July 31, 2005 7:50 AM BST
    - to whomever changed the link in the chat page- to new Java -download-THANK YOU !!!- worked like a charm- no glitches as of yet ( hopeful) hehe "K"
    • 2627 posts
    July 29, 2005 4:32 AM BST
    You can try downloading Firefox. It's another browser. I use it when I want to view T-pix. My MSEI works on some things & me Firefox works on some. But neather one works on everything.
    Ever since MS & Java had thier little spat I haven't got it to work right.
    • 2573 posts
    July 29, 2005 7:55 AM BST
    You could try nibblin on JAVA's ear to turn it on. A more helpful suggestion might be to clear browsers of all cookies and files and reboot. That clears up most of my problems and apparently a lot of other user's problems.
  • July 29, 2005 10:48 PM BST
    Hi Michelle

I'm a Mac girl and proud of it!

I use a range of browsers | not just Safari but Firefox, Opera and Shiira. I haven't encountered the problem you mention with the last three. All browsers are different and it may be a case of experimenting until you find the one that works best.

Cathy xxx