done a nasty

• 338 posts
    January 11, 2006 8:23 PM GMT
    thats def on of the 'key' files for windows, the versions changed from win98 to winXP, also microsoft don't let you download this file directly.

it *is* possible to grab it from the install disc, but its a bit long winded. Windows benefits from a total reinstall everyonce in a while anyway, annoying though it is.
    • 22 posts
    December 30, 2005 7:09 PM GMT
    I have done something bad to my laptop. I was running system restore on xp and accidently switched it off. I had also i think blocked a file using msn spyware beta. Now when I switch on i get a notice come up saying "Explorer exec -Failed to start because BROWSEUI.DLL - (i think)was not found." I am told to reload program , but i cant even get a repair file off this spare computer on W98 to do it . I get no icons and cant open anything nor can I get the control panel to run system restore to try to fix it since i cant see it .By getting control ,alt,delete I can get to task manager but I cant do anything because it wont work. I can manage to connect on to internet via this. i looked for the file it said it couldnt find BROWSE.DLL and it seems to be there ,BUT IM ALSO AFRAID THE THE ANTI SPY HAS MODIFIED IT ..I AM HAVING A NIGHTMARE WITH IT ! I HAVE NO SPARE DISC WITH IT ALL ON AND NO MONEY TO GET SOMEONE TO FIX IT FOR ME . SO MAYBE SOMEONE CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO SO I CAN DO IT MYSELF .Sorry about the caps ! I get no task bars just a blank screen afer the welcome bit comes on .
    • 22 posts
    January 1, 2006 6:24 AM GMT
    I got fed up with it and used the recovery disc.