My Brother Called Me Yesterday!

• February 17, 2006 6:04 PM GMT
    I can finally say that everyone that is important to me knows that I'm TG.
    My brother called me yesterday and the first thing he said was that he was happy for me. He went on to say that he may not be able to call me by anything other than the name I was born with because he has known me as that since I was born. I told him that was fine and I understood and what he called me was not that important.
    He was curious about the "details" because I didn't tell him much in the letter. The details to him had to do with my decisions about HRT and surgery. I told him I had no plans for those things and that they were not important (for me) to my living as a woman. He was relieved because surgery of any kind worry him.
    He asked if I called my self a transvestite which indicated to me that he had done some research and that was sweet to know. I told him that transgendered was a better term for me. He had some knowledge of that too. I offered to give him some reading material or web sites for reference but he said he was fine with what I had told him.
    He said he considered both himself and his wife liberal and open minded and that they has gay friends and they enjoyed their company.
    All in all a wonderful conversation!
    No one left to tell...and on April 18th at 90AM the Superior Court will grant my petition to change my name.
    Wow, what a month this has been
    Thanks for every ones support
    Now back to work on my Erotic web site. That's even more fun
    Thanks for listening
  • February 19, 2006 7:33 PM GMT
    He was using the fact that he had gay friends to let me know that he was open minded.
    One thing I have trouble understanding is why we in the TG comminuty seem to be so horrified that people confuse being tg with gay. In the gay community many are horrified to learn their gay friends are TG.
    Can someone explain this to me, please
    • 2463 posts
    February 17, 2006 7:36 PM GMT
    I am glad this worked out for you. But I hope your brother realizes that being TG does not mean one is gay. Just a point.
    • 2573 posts
    February 17, 2006 9:02 PM GMT
    Rikki,

wonderful news, gf. Your brother sounds super.

Mere,

I may not be gay but I am more cheerful these days.