Coming out to my neighbors

• 5 posts
    February 28, 2006 10:14 AM GMT
    I have a question about coming out to my neighbors. My therapist recommends attending meetings the third Friday of every month. I attended my first in February and plan to attend all that I can this year. As the year progresses it's going to be day light when I leave for the meeting. Any suggestions on coming out to my neighbors? What about inviting them for a cookout with my therapist in attendance.
    Thanks,
    Steffie
    • 5 posts
    March 1, 2006 10:27 AM GMT
    I suppose I could do that, and she'd probably charge me for a group session. Or I could try to meet with them and explain what's going on.
  • March 9, 2006 5:37 AM GMT

Not sure how I would do that. Luckily neighbors here are far enough away no worries although I am friends with them... And have been coming and going in femme and not for years... they don't seem to mind. A cookout might be fun if you are freinds witght he nieghbors and you think the'd understand!

*hugs*

~Valerie
  • March 9, 2006 11:47 AM GMT
    You're beautiful in your photo, I would think that you'd WOW them whatever way you choose to come out. I would think the BBQ idea would work best if you had a TA-DA moment where you revealed yourself to all at one time. Get all the common questions out at one time. Afterwards you could deal with you neighbors one by one if that works for you.

Good luck dear, but oh my, do you look great.
    • 2573 posts
    February 28, 2006 2:25 PM GMT
    Then you best prepare for it by putting the chairs in a circle around the BBQ.