Conversation with my mum

• 90 posts
    March 7, 2006 6:15 AM GMT
    Since my horrid sister told all my family I am a cross dresser, I have been questioned several times why I do it. Here's one conversation with my mother, who I recorded on my mobile/cell phone.

Me: Yes, I like wearing women's clothes...

Mother: You're a queer then.

Me: No, I am not. I am totally straight.

Mother: Then why do you wear skirts, you have to be a poofter.

Me: Mam, you don't understand what it's like being a transvestite. It's in you from birth.

Mother: So how long have you been dressing up?

Me: Since I was five years old. I wore your clothes, and my sister's, when I got to eight.

Mother: Then I believe you. I don't understand it, but you're my son, and whatever you say, I accept.

Me: Thanks, mum, but it's bloody hard, coping with this thing. I love dressing up as a woman, but it's gotta be so secret. Know what I mean?

Mother: As long as I don't see you, do what you like dressed up.

Me: Ta, mam (HUGS)
    • 90 posts
    March 8, 2006 12:26 AM GMT
    I wonder all the hatred...
    • 90 posts
    March 8, 2006 1:40 PM GMT
    I do want I want to do, so there. Thanks for all the responses.
    • 90 posts
    March 8, 2006 9:39 PM GMT
    Meredith, you're a really nice person.
    • 90 posts
    March 10, 2006 5:48 AM GMT
    Well, it's true. You're very expressive and compassionate.
    • 2627 posts
    March 7, 2006 12:02 PM GMT
    Skirt Lover
    I went through about the exact samething. My sister found out & tolld my family. I got about the same reaction.
    She thought to get everyone in her corner but turned out no one gave a crap. She evan got a talking to for trying to embarrass the family.
    My biggest nightmare turned out to be a nothing.
    • 2463 posts
    March 7, 2006 3:36 PM GMT
    My mum knows. She's not seen me fully dressed (yet) but she has seen some of my clothes, and seen me in my wig. She's also doing what she can to understand this situation.

Good luck.
    • 2463 posts
    March 7, 2006 4:38 PM GMT
    Yep, same here. Most of my immediate family knows. As for my dad, well, that will have to wait until I'm out on my own. Lords knows when that is going to happen now that the damn editor's job fell through.

So for now I do what I can. I can't think of the last time I was 100 percent drab. Yet, as you well know, I still need to be careful, especially when traveling through some of these Chicago southside neighborhoods.
    • 2463 posts
    March 8, 2006 2:46 PM GMT
    It doesn't matter to me what you do. So there.
    • 2463 posts
    March 8, 2006 9:41 PM GMT
    Thank you! At least, I hope I am.

Enjoy yourself! Take care, and have fun.
    • 2573 posts
    March 10, 2006 8:07 AM GMT
    The hatred, according to recent research on exactly that subject:

They showed that homophobic individuals had a significantly higher sexual response to homo-erotic videos than non-homophobic individuals. Fear of one's inner-self may well be the cause of anti-GLBT feelings and violence.

Mom has always been #3 on my list of "Who to come out to". Since I have come out to #'s one and two, Mom is next. She won't see me dressed unless she asks to see her daughter, in which case she will get me in an extreme makeover in my finest "passing" Wendy (as pitiful as that might be in actuality ) Anyway, I expect/hope to do that, in person, in the next few months even if I can only fly out for a few days with her. I plan to take my laptop and printed material and videos to help her understand what is going on.
    • 2463 posts
    March 10, 2006 7:14 PM GMT
    Me mum is a bit concerned because the new computer at the house has TW in the history folder. I told her I'll delete it. Something tells me I will be banned from going into TW at the house for fear my dad will see it.

So, back in the closet for a while. Maybe.
    • 2573 posts
    March 10, 2006 7:44 PM GMT
    Mere, install Firefox and set it to delete your history and cookies after every session. Nobody will see anything after you close Firefox.