Coming Out Progress?

• 23 posts
    March 18, 2006 5:54 PM GMT
    Hi All!
    Well its been over 6 weeks since I last posted a message, about the time I came out to my SO.

This weekend I have the house to myself as my SO has gone away for the weekend with my son and friends.

Before she left she made me promise that I wouldn't do anything silly i.e. go out dressed while she was away.

I readily agreed as I was just looking forward to some of my own time and space and also of course to get dressed and made up.

Afert I came out to my SO I promised her I wouldn't dress for 6 weeks. Apart from one aberration, I kept my word. I think this proved to her that I can control it if I want to?

Well at least now my SO appears to have accepted the fact I need to dress up.

I suppose the next steps are to show her my girly clothes and to finally dress up in front of her!

I don't know whether the first time I should be in full wig and make up or just dressed.

Any advice?
    • 112 posts
    March 19, 2006 10:47 AM GMT
    hia, personally i would suggest an approach that starts to show her your more subtle feminine aspects rather than the full blown version, this gives the lady time to understand more fully your situation...going flat out may not be , in the long term, the best strategy right from the start...wear a little more jewellry etc, let her see the nice friendly female part of you in the same way that women do when they first meet. Above all be gentle with her in all ways, as a woman finds that and other feminine qualities an area for friendship. Open up those areas where you both are happy, using her feminine preferences, interests, and conversational topics as a starting point...
    Its up to you how you play it, so making it fun and gentle is an option. Don't forget to laugh at youself with her, for humour is one of the top items on the feminine "I like you because" list.
    Loose your sense of humour and you are at risk of loosing lots more.......
    Remember you are not a victim of sin, or ill.....so although it can be serious as an issue, approach on the flight path of fun, its so much nicer when you land.......
    love and light
    have fun tonight

• 23 posts
    March 30, 2006 11:13 AM BST
    Thanks Mere, Natalie and Sophia for your invaluable advice.
    Its going really slowly and we are in danger of not talking about it again.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Hugs,
    Kay
    xx
    • 83 posts
    March 30, 2006 11:59 AM BST
    Hi Kay

I have come out to all my SO's over the years and have had mixed results and apart from one who really hated it all were accepting to some extent. I found that I kind of let them set the scean i.e. let them decide when I dressed in front of them and by how much. I found that they are very curious and wanted to dress me to see how they felt. My current SO is very supportive though we are currently (today) going through one of the little downs (she feels that I only want sex with her after I have dressed and that she is not attractive enough on her own..not true). With her I first dressed in skirt etc but she found it difficult so the next time I wore some of her slacks until she got more used to me dressed in her clothes. Hope this helps

Susan

xx
    • 2463 posts
    March 19, 2006 12:05 AM GMT
    Six weeks? Wow. I remember when I had to go without for that long just after I got kicked out.

Good luck to you.
    • 2573 posts
    March 31, 2006 4:15 AM BST
    I'm in an odd position because my S.O., my ex, likes me MUCH better transgendered. The only real issue she has is she's pretty upset that I didn't tell her 20 yrs ago.....so that we could have had fun and she could have bought me clothes, shoes, makeup and had fun playing "Barbie" with me, lol. Seriously, she likes my personality better as Wendy. We have much more fun together, fight less, and fights are resolved much more quickly and ALWAYS constructively. I guess Wendy gives her much more of what SHE needs. So showing your S.O. parts of you that she will appreciate, as suggested above, is a good idea. Once she realizes that it's not just your clothing, but your self that is different, and in a good way, she should warm up to the idea. I strongly suggest going shopping with her for girl clothes, makeup, etc. and letting your enthusiasm for the enterprise loose. Ask her questions, give supportive comments about her choices and help her to decide. It's what girls do for each other. My S.O. loves that Wendy helps her shop, enthusiastically......I even walk away from computer games so as to not miss her girl-shopping elsewhere in the store. My enthusiasm really makes her happy, as does other women commenting how much they wish they had a man like me in their life (I'm en homme when we shop) "Do you rent him out?"
    The point is, she gets a great deal from Wendy she didn't get from him, as do I. Make your being TG a plus for her....naturally, in a way you enjoy. Don't force it, but try to experience things you didn't before.....like the Joy of Shopping. My lady loves that I help her pick clothes, even disagree sometimes and she takes my advice....later she tells me I was right and have a good color sense/taste in jewlery, etc. She, in return, helps me with makeup selection, etc. Give her a "girlfriend" at times. Give her something she will miss when you aren't doing it.