Out to my brother

• 83 posts
    March 27, 2006 9:01 PM BST
    I got my brother round to stay and we both got quite drunk because I wanted to come out to him. I had been told by my sister that he had once confessed to her that he dressed but it was so long again and it might have been a joke. Anyway I decided to tell him by handing him my SO's copy of "my husband betty" and he looked stunned, stood up and give me a hug. he then told me that he too was a dresser but had to hide it. From then on the rest of the night and next day was great as we both dressed and he found it great to be able to freely dress. A great time and we shall support each other from now on. Also worth mentioning is that my SO is sooo supportive of me too and wants to support him too..she is fantastic!
  • March 28, 2006 5:21 AM BST
    that is absolutly wonderfull!!! It must be great to be able to share that with you're brother now as well as you're SO.. How cool!!

*hugs*

~Valerie
    • 83 posts
    March 29, 2006 10:40 AM BST
    Thanks Meredith and all you girls for your thoughts - it has been a great experience for me and I am sure liberating for him as he has had to dress in secret for so long
    • 83 posts
    March 29, 2006 10:44 AM BST
    Susan

I think he may not be able to deal with it..or as you say he may have something to hide himself. I hope that you both have a good relationship in the future.

I don't know if it is unusual to have more than one of us in a family as I only know mine, however my ex wife is now a lesbian and her partner also has a lesbian sister. Maybe it is something in the way we were brought up?

Love

Susan
    • 83 posts
    March 29, 2006 4:33 PM BST
    Susan

In my case we had a dominant mother and a nasty step father. I am not sure whether I retreated into dressing to try and please her or to get away from the male role that the stepfather wanted us to live up to. Either way I loved having this escape from the grim reality!

Love

Susan
    • 2463 posts
    March 27, 2006 9:28 PM BST
    Congratulations to you! It's nice to hear some good news for a change. And it's nice to see my TW sisters able to express themselves.
    • 2068 posts
    March 27, 2006 9:39 PM BST
    Way to Go Girl!!...you must be so happy, it's great News to hear.Congrats to both of you.

Love & xxxxxxx Anna-Marie
    • 2627 posts
    March 28, 2006 5:34 AM BST
    It's harder to tell family than any one. But to get such a great responce. That is realy wonderfull.