i'm out to some friends

• 64 posts
    April 30, 2006 3:59 AM BST
    Well yesterday i told 2 of my female friends me.
    I told them that I myself am still not sure how far i want to go just yet but i have always wanted to be a woman, and that i am seriously looking at the transition.
    Sarah my friend i told via text message, she needed cheering up and i knew i could trust her with what i was telling her. Not only did it cheer her up but she was excited by it. She even admitted that she kinda knew, or had wondered about it.
    She told me she didn't care what my name was or how i looked, she was still a friend i could count on and that she would be there for me.
    I told Mel as well, she was all excited and told me that i shouldn't care what people think and that i should be true to myself and if i wasn't i would only end up hurting myself and being unhappy in the long run and that she would always be my friend
    From these 2 comments, i think i have more confidence to tell my other friends sooner rather then later. Lets just hope they all respond along the same lines.

*hugs*
    Simone
  • April 30, 2006 11:17 AM BST
    Simone,

That's wonderfull. Telling friends is not an easy thing! Hopefully telling the rest goes as well for you! Having supportive friends really helps alot!

~Valerie x x
    • 64 posts
    April 30, 2006 10:19 PM BST
    Thank you Ladies,
    with the way that my friends have accepted me, it has really boosted my confidence about telling people. though i think telling my family will be harder then friends.
    *hugs*
    Simone
    • 2463 posts
    April 30, 2006 2:54 PM BST
    Simone, that is good to hear. I really wish you the best on this. We need all the help and support we can get! Good luck!

Mere